Search Unity

Cannot scroll in MonoDevelop 4 on Mac

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tomshreds, Jul 7, 2014.

1. tomshreds

tomshreds

Hi,

It's been since the first release of Unity3D with MonoDevelop 4 that my mouse scroll hasn't worked properly. I tried with an Apple mouse, 2 different logitech mice, and 3 different workstations (2 macbook pros and 1 mac pro). There's nothing I haven't tried, different drivers, re-installing Logitech's drivers, formatted, removed Unity3D, etc.

Directly using Xamarin (MonoDevelop 4) fixes the problem but creates new ones that I cannot work with. If I'm not mistaken this has been reported and fixed to Xamarin's team in 2012 ( https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7798 ) and it's still not included in Unity3D's latest version.

I just don't understand how stale the development currently is. Bundling your game engine with a faulty IDE is like giving us a car without a steering wheel.

I've encountered many people still having this problem on IRC, in real life and on other game development forums. Anyone else in here having those issues? Any fix encountered yet?

Please someone, tell me there's a fix for this. Using a lightweight text editor sucks when developing games, hopefully the Unity3D crew will some day understand that they need their own working IDE.

Any help or comment is welcome, thanks and have a nice day.

2. tomshreds

tomshreds