Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot Purchase Assets

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by EPS5000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. EPS5000

EPS5000

For the last year or so, I have been unable to purchase assets from the store. When I attempt to purchase an asset (that requires money, I seem to have no problems with free assets :/ ) the site hangs after clicking the "purchase" button, regardless of my chosen payment method. If I select "credit card" it simply denies me outright. If I choose Paypal, the dialogue stays frozen, preventing me from clicking anything else of the page, except to switch tabs.

I initially considered it a bug. I sent an email to customer support, but received no reply. I cut my losses and assumed the issue would be fixed after some time had past. It still hasn't. I've tried on several computers, so it's not that. My only thought is that it has to be something with my account. I have since sent three more emails regarding this issue, and still have received nothing but an automated "we received your email" message in my inbox. I have missed out on many great deals in the asset store because of this, and I'd like to purchase more assets but have been prevented from doing so.

Thankfully, a couple venders have been able to arrange a purchase off-site, so I've managed to get some if the assets I want. All in all, I am horrendously upset with the lack of service on this issue, despite many attempts to fix this error. So, now I come to the forums, in hopes that one of you might be able to offer a next step that doesn't involve contacting customer service (since I've tried that and got nowhere). Any thoughts?

2. Josh-Naylor

Josh-Naylor

Administrator

Can you supply me with the case numbers for any of these.

3. EPS5000

EPS5000

Thanks Josh,

Unfortunately not, I delete emails older than six months so when I received no feedback from the first ones, I deleted them. As for the more recent one, the confirmation email did not contain a reference number. Is there another place where this number may be located?

Thanks Again,
    -Eric Saxon

4. EPS5000

EPS5000

Can someone at least give me a reason why the Asset store might auto-reject a transaction?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2e83tqf93mjjw28/example.jpg?dl=0

This is what I get when I try an buy anything. As soon as I hit "Purchase" it gives me this... no authentication message or waiting - right to this. I'd see about using a different card, but Unity doesn't give me the option. Only Credit => rejected, or Paypal => never loads. I've even taken away pop-up blocker and checked my firewall... nothing. I'm at a loss.

5. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

There's no "auto reject if user is EPS5000" feature on the asset store.

When you attempt a payment, the asset store hands the order over to our payment processor, who handle the transaction. The "Transaction was rejected" message is what the payment processor tells us, which in turn is (typically) what your card issuer tells them. The most common reason for this is the address you've entered into your billing address is different from what the card issuer have.

I cannot see any support case associated with your email address. If you send another support email the support team can give you a more detailed reason the rejection, which might help resolve this for you. Post the case number here - it'll be a 6 digit number starting with 165xxx. When I see the case number I'll ping the support guys. Your email to support will usually get an automated reply within an hour to confirm receipt. All support cases that are received by our system are responded to. There's no "auto reject is user is EPS5000". (Did I say that already?)

6. EPS5000

EPS5000

Thanks Graham,
    I called my bank and they told me it had to be the Asset Store (I kinda expected that). I'm sure it's not Unity, as it's worked before with no problems. I guess I'll just have to keep on with my bank. I don't know why there wouldn't be any records of support cases, but I'm sure that since I didn't provide reference numbers I didn't make your job any easier. I definitely got a confirmation email, but it only lets me know that you received the message, and gives a copy of what I sent in, no number attached. I suppose it's possible I sent it to the wrong people. I sent it through the Get In Touch page here:

http://unity3d.com/contact/get-in-touch?type=info

But anyway, I guess I'll close this thread and keep talking to my bank. Thanks for your help.

"no auto reject if user is EPS5000 feature," lol too bad, at least that'd be a definitive solution xP

7. Wildgrass

Wildgrass

We appear to be having the same issue, our email support ticket number is #39437

8. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

Touched!