Search Unity

Cannon Fodder - Defend against the enderman horde

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by KnightOfGamelot, Aug 20, 2014.

1. KnightOfGamelot

KnightOfGamelot

Hello everyone,

I have just completed my first game. It took me nine days to take it from concept to completion. It was a great learning process and it has greatly prepared me to tackle a larger game.

Comments and Criticism are welcome. :)

Controls:
    "A" and "D" move camera sideways.
    Numbers 1-5 fire cannons respectively.
    The game ends if an enderman reaches one of your cannons.
    You can only have five cannonballs active at once.
    Every 100 kills the game can spawn one more enderman(starts with 5.)

Goodluck!

2. KnightOfGamelot

KnightOfGamelot

581 is my high score. Can you do better?

3. softwizz

softwizz

240 lag got the better of me

4. KnightOfGamelot

KnightOfGamelot

That stinks, the game file is less that five megabytes. Hope you can do better later. :)

5. KnightOfGamelot

KnightOfGamelot

The highest score I've seen so far is 500. Come on guys, you can beat 581! :)

6. KnightOfGamelot

KnightOfGamelot

Game should be available on Facebook soon with leaderboard integration! Get ready for a lot of competitive scores! You can be the best!

7. KnightOfGamelot

KnightOfGamelot

Since this project was more or less just to learn the game creation workflow, additions to this project will not continue with the exception of a possible UI overhaul since the existing one is pretty rough(though it serves its purpose well.)

Please post comments and criticism below so that I know what areas to focus on improving in my next title.

Thanks, and have a great day!

EDIT: Oh, and I still haven't seen anyone beat my high score of 581. ;)

8. Blacklight

Blacklight

I got to 260 before I decided to use the stupid tactic of seeing if I could survive just by running my finger back and forth across 1-5. Didn't end well.

I like the concept, but I feel it got repetitive quite quickly. I'd make it get harder a bit faster and try and to break up the repetition somehow. Special enemies or powerups, etc.

I also found myself fighting with the control scheme a little. I'd often press the 4 when I meant to hit 5, or 3 when I wanted 4... perhaps add a function to click on a canon to fire it alongside the hotkeys.

It's a pretty cool little game. Congrats on getting your first project this far.

KnightOfGamelot likes this.
  9. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

uh "Cannon Fodder" exists, and just by glancing at this i can tell you its a better game lool... ...i dont wanna diss, just sayin lol

but i guess the title "works" since thats the only reason i clicked this thread, Cannon Fodder was an AWESOME game .. too bad it wasnt multiplayer..