Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Can I use a Lamdba here?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Deleted User, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have this code block in my script with an if/then/else but I want to know if it can also be done with a Lambda instead and if so, how I can implement it.

Code (CSharp):
    1. void DoThis(){
    2. var enemies = FindComponentsOfType(typeof(Stats))..gameObject.where x != gameObject;
    3. }

2. KelsoMRK

KelsoMRK

Not sure what FindComponentsofType is doing but if you just mean the where clause then

Code (csharp):
    2. FindComponentsOfType(typeof(Stats)).Where(x => x.gameObject != gameObject);

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

FindComponents returns an array of components of the type specified. I only want it to return those that are not the game object itself.

4. KelsoMRK

KelsoMRK

I more meant - "This should work assuming your method is returning an IEnumerable"

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Object does not implement IEnumerable so it's not working. :(

6. Jessy

Jessy

I don't think that's the right way to handle that. If you're going to be operating on IEnumerable<Component> anyway, use one to start with. In general, though, you posted too much that was irrelevant to the question, or unknown to us. Please try to provide more clarity in the future.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void DoThis() {    // Why is this relevant to your question?
    2.     var enemies // This name doesn't make sense. You're getting Stats. Stats are not enemies.
    3.         = Components // What goes here? Is it even relevant to your question?
    4.         .OfType<Stats>()
    5.         .Where(stats => stats.gameObject != gameObject);
    6. }