Search Unity

Builds doesn't work due to Soomla InApp Plugin

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by fischer_ag, Jan 26, 2015.

1. fischer_ag

fischer_ag

Hi!

We added Soomla InApp plugin for In-Apps. UCB makes build fine without any errors, but build doesn't work on devices. It stops on after loading. Locally made build works fine. We added printing console message on the screen but it didn't help: no messages were printed.
    Settings on my local xCode Project, generated from Unity (replaces the old one) seem to be the same as on UCB. It is definitely Soomla plugin, because removing it resolve the problem.
    Any changes I make to see some difference take much time because builds are about 30-60 minutes to wait( So it is too hard to find the problem.

Any suggestions how to fix it or to find it quick?

gurdotan likes this.
  2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Do you have to add custom compiler flags for Soomla plugin using the XCode API?

3. gurdotan

gurdotan

Hi,

Cloud build is something rather new, but we'll need to look into it. Could you provide any logs whatsoever? If you're using the latest SOOMLA Store plugin, you can enable both Unity and native log messages.
    Another thing you can try is to add the store example project to Cloud Build which might reduce build time, just so we can nail the issue. My hunch is that it has to do with the post build script.

Besides this issue, we'd like to help Unity games with SOOMLA get more press coverage and sponsorship - drop me a line at gur@soom.la if you'd like to hear more.

4. gurdotan

gurdotan

SOOMLA configures the XCode project as part of the post-build. This should happen automatically when you build (avoid build & run). The only flag that it adds to the XCode project is `-ObjC` in "Build Settings" > "Other Linker Flags"

5. fischer_ag

fischer_ag

Hi,

So, I do not do anything manually. All I have done it adding plugin to the project, configuring it and using in our game. When I build it locally through "Build and run", it works fine. Also it works, when I build Release app, and share it from Archive.

@gurdotan , thanks for your suggestion. I will add new empty project using Soomla plugin. I will reply about my investigation soon.

6. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

There is a bug where compiler flags (`-ObjC` in "Build Settings" > "Other Linker Flags") are not used properly by UCB. We already work on a fix. I'll let you know once I know if this causes a issue with SOOMLA too.

7. fischer_ag

fischer_ag

Thanks for your answer! I am waiting for the fix!
    As for empty project with Soomla - I have checked it and it doesn't work. So, as @David Berger said, it is UCB bug.

8. manicsquad

manicsquad

Any progress on solving this?

9. fischer_ag

fischer_ag

I rebuilt my test project, and it doesn't work yet :(

10. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

We applied the fix yesterday and it should work now properly! Please try it again and let use know if it works properly for you!

gurdotan and hypeNate like this.
  11. fischer_ag

fischer_ag

It works! Thanks!

David-Berger and hypeNate like this.
  12. gurdotan

gurdotan

@David Berger cool, thanks a lot for your quick help on this!

David-Berger likes this.