Search Unity

Building an Tag-Team System for Side Scroller

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by LelandGMC, May 25, 2015.

1. LelandGMC

LelandGMC

Hello

I'm Building an 2D Side Scroller with Unity where it's an endless Side-scroller, i'm one-man developer building the Core Mechanic of Tag & Assist system for the game.

Tag Core Mechanic:

• Allows you as the player to play 2 characters(Main & Link Partner). The game won't use it until you reach Distance level 3(Level 3)
    • It brings out the player's Potential and the game has 4 classes right now:
    Rogue
    • This Character is extremely fast and is excellent for dodging attacks
    • They can fight Close or Long Ranged
    • Not endurable, they use Reverse Winds to dodge enemy attacks
    • Effective against Speedy Enemies but ineffective against Tough and Large Enemies
    Warrior
    • This Character is an Tank and Heavy Hitter
    • Close-Ranged fighter
    • Can Block, Has higher Health and Reduced Damage. Can also Regenerate their Health
    • Effective against Tough and Large Enemies but not effective against Swift Enemies
    Ranger
    • This Character is an balanced with Melee and Ranged
    • Has the Rapid Attack to attack either Long or Close
    • Can use the Rapid Dash for 3 seconds of Invincibility
    • Effective against all enemies but inflicting Fair damage

Mage

• This Character is an Powerhouse with Magic
    • Powerful Long Range Spells
    • Can use Mana Barrier to protect you from (100 dmg), Can also Regenerate their Mana
    • Effective against Enemies that follow you around and Large as well Tough enemies. Not durable at close range, Keep them at an distance
    I am going to use these as examples

If the Player plays an Rogue and link with Warrior

The Rogue would get
    • An Upgraded Dodge ability that allow him to attack his enemies while dodging
    • Reduced Damage
    • Pulse Daggers that Allow Piercing and Boosting Attack Power
    • The Assist would have an Chance of 15% to defend the Rogue from Certain death
    or

The Player plays an Mage but link with Ranger
    • The Mage Become Overloaded, Giving them the Buster(Rapid-Fire) to fire fast against enemies
    • Can Rapid-Burst through enemies but can do it twice in the Air as opposed to the Ranger doing it once
    • Ranger will Move ahead to Automatic attack enemies
    The Features of this Mechanic would be

• Tag System allows the player to switch between the Main and the Assisting Companion
    • The Player would receive Passive abilities from the Assist Companion
    • Uses an Big Bang as an Finisher, if you switch to the Assisting Companion you get use an different Big Bang
    PROGRESS

• Right now, I'm building code for the Side Scroller
    • I'm not an Animator, Sound Engineer or an Artist, So i'm looking Background, Character Models and Animations such Blocking, Rapid-Fire, Character Deaths, Texture, etc on Various sites
    • I'm looking for suggestions on how to build and Code Tag Sytem Mechanic
    • I'm building the Game around the Tag Mechanic as do not want to add more features until the game Finished and up-Running
    • I'll update more about my progress in June on 1st week