Search Unity

Build Unity 3D for html 5 without plugin ?

Discussion in 'Web' started by rimiki, Aug 17, 2015.

1. rimiki

rimiki

Dears,

Is there any solutions to build Unity 3D for html 5 without plugin ?
    I mean we could use our application without forcing users to install plugin in the web?
    I didn't understand the difference between HTML 5 and web player build.

Thank you.

2. PlatformSix

PlatformSix

Yep, use the "WebGL" build target in Unity 5, this will not require a plug-in. Mind you it's in preview mode, only works on desktop and requires a recent browser and doesn't work on Internet explorer.

3. rimiki

rimiki

Thank u for ur reply.
    Yes I did use "WebGL" in the build. I don't think it's good solution for now since browsers doen't support WebGl !
    The result with is the browsers is:
    _IE: does not support as u said.

_Chrome: it just keep refreshing like searching for something but it doesn't open the app :/ and a message of alerte JavaScript is : It seems your browser does not support running unity 3D WebGl content from file ://urls. Please upload it to an http server or try a different browser.

_Firefox: It work but after making some problems and restarting browsers many times.

_Safari does not support Webgl !

4. rimiki

rimiki

But native WebGL worked for all browser !! I mean without using unity a simple WebGL page showing an object.

5. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

IE11 does support WebGL but support is not great. Edge, the new browser in Windows 10 works much better.

The error you saw in Chrome just tells you that you cannot run the WebGL content from file:// urls. If you upload it to a server, it should work.

Safari supports WebGL starting in Safari 8.

6. rimiki

rimiki

Thank you for your reply:
    -For IE 11.09: I got this msg: Please note that your browser is not currently supported for this unity Webgl content. Try installing Firefox, or press OK if you wish to continue anyways.
    If I put OK An error occurred running Unity content on this page. See your browser's JavaScript console for more info. The error was Access denied.
    -For Chrome I will try online.
    -For Safari I can't install version 8 on Windows 8 I guess.

7. SeasiaInfotechind

SeasiaInfotechind

Hi Jonas,

Can you please confirm that unity webgl also support mobile browsers as well.

Thanks
    Ashish

8. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

From our roadmap:

A very common question we get is when we plan to support mobiles with Unity WebGL. While we currently don’t do anything in order to prevent running content on mobiles (other than show a warning), in general, success rates are rather low (some high-end Android mobiles yield decent results, but most everyday end-user devices - not so much.). We don’t expect to see much change here before the above points on memory and performance see some significant improvements and performance of mobiles will have improved in general, so we cannot give any ETA on mobile support. We do believe that it will inevitably happen as technology progresses in the future, though.

9. SeasiaInfotechind

SeasiaInfotechind

Thanks Marco!