Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Build Issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Thriliriel, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Thriliriel

Thriliriel

Hello

I was following the Unity Survival Shooter tutorial and it worked all nice.

But when i build it and try to run, the Score doesnt appear, neither the Game Over screen (it just shows a black screen).

Anyone knows what can be happening?

Thanks.

2. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Somewhere along the lines you must have missed some part of the tutorial? :) I went through it once upon a time and it worked as it should.

3. Thriliriel

Thriliriel

Hello Ramsdal, thanks for the answer.

i was looking the tutorial again, and it seems to be all exactly as they explained.

Playing it on Unity works all right, but when i build it and run, the problem appears.

I was thinking it could be some Build configuration or something alike, anyone knows?

Thanks in advance

4. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

I just tried to download it and build Level 01 from the completed assets folder. I build it for PC, and that works fin both with score and gameover text. However the problem seems to be with WebPlayer builds for me as well, so I am guessing this is what you are trying.. Have to log off now, but I may give it a try later tonight :)

5. Thriliriel

Thriliriel

Hey there.

I too tought it might be the web version, then builded it up for PC and the problem was still there.

Tried to follow your hint. Downloaded the original version again e builded it for Web and PC. Same problem.

Tried to build it from another PC too (maybe was some problem with my notebook), but it is still the same. I am clueless =/