Search Unity

Bug in iPhone advanced Byte code stripping

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by TouchSoft, Dec 20, 2008.

1. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

My game has GUI that's inside of a for statement... it loops through to display a custom keyboard. (screen shot below).

This script works fine when I'm not using the byte code stripping feature in iPhone Advanced .... but once I build with byte code stripping... the GUI that makes up the keyboard (inside the for statement) doesn't display.

NOTE: Other GUI on the level displays fine because they aren't in the for statements.

Can someone assist??

Oh yeah and here is a little of the code I used for the script

Code (csharp):
    2. private var letters1:Array = ["A","B","C","D","E","F","G","H","I"];
    4. for(var i:int = 0; i < letters1.length; i++)
    5. {
    6.     if(GUI.Button(Rect(btnWidth * i + 10, 145, btnWidth, btnHeight), letters1[i] as String))
    7.     {
    8.         //do something
    9.     }
    10. }

Attached Files:

2. dannys95

dannys95

Don't mean to spam here but; WORK ON URBAN TYCOON! I did not know you had pushed back the release but have no idea of anything on Urban Tycoon since you don't reply. :?:

3. kenlem

kenlem

TouchSoft - just got the update to Pizza Dash. Noticed the icon is the default unity icon.

4. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

Yeah :oops: :oops: I forgot everytime I build the project the icon is replaced.. so I've submitted an update again :D

Does anyone know about the GUI looping issue when byte code is being stripped?

5. Jeremy-Alessi

Jeremy-Alessi

I noticed that with byte code stripping my app crashed so I just didn't use it. I didn't take the time to narrow it down. I'm looking forward to more information on this.

6. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

byte code stripping is the whole reason I got iPhone advanced :cry: :cry:

7. Dreamora

Dreamora

I didn't have crashes so far with it ... perhaps there is something specific broken or the analyze fails for some specific reason, in that case file a bugreport.

8. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

Thanks Dreamora, but I don't see any links on the website for bug reporting. Is there a special email I should send it to?

9. Dreamora

Dreamora

Either you do it straight out of Unity iPhone or you use the bug reporter in the Unity iPhone application folder

10. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

wow thanks!!! I never saw that feature in the app!

11. Jeremy-Alessi

Jeremy-Alessi

I didn't notice any difference in file size between the latter 2 stripping options.

12. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

"Strip ByteCode" option strips down accompanying .NET dlls down to metadata only. Check "Data" folder. Main binary is not affected.

13. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

I haven't heard back from Unity
    :(

Any update on this??

14. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Hello,
    this issue will be fixed with next Unity iPhone release. For quick workaround add following code to your script:

Code (csharp):
    1. private var tmp:TextEditor = new TextEditor();

15. dannys95

dannys95

Mike you are making me mad now. I made a mistake; I was mad. I apologized to you. Now; what do u do? Ignore me. I apologized and sent you feedback and suggestions for Urban Tycoon. Look; I did not know the release date was pushed back. But since I could not find you else where nobody knew. When is the predicted release date?