Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

BUG - Changing from FullScreen to Windowed Mode on Yosemite

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sevensails, Nov 14, 2014.

1. sevensails

sevensails

I'm using Unity 4.5.5

My game when running in FullScreen, it uses the current Desktop Resolution.

In runtime, I can change the game to Windowed Mode, so I does this to be sure the Game Window will fit the Screen :

Code (csharp):
    2. Screen.SetResolution((int) (DesktopResolution.x*0.8f), (int) (DesktopResolution.y*0.8f), false);
    This works very well in Windows, but in MAC it only works if I starts the game in Windowed Mode (So I can change to FullScreen/WindowedMode how much I want which the problems does not occurs), but if I starts the game in FullScreen and try to change to Windowed Mode in Runtime, the Screen.SetResolution does not seems to work as expected, the Game Window seems to change it's Height, but it's Width keeps with the Full Desktop Width.

I tried to delay the Screen.SetResolution command to some seconds after the Screen.FullScreen command, and it almost worked (It correct the windows size). But most of time the game goes to Windowed Mode but now without any visible border.

I can create a simple test case to anybody test if necessary, but there is some way to solve this or it is a Bug?

Thanks

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Hmm. What Mac Fullscreen Mode have you selected in the player settings? Would think Fullscreen Windowed is appropriate.

3. peterc

peterc

I've found a similar issue on Yosemite. If Unity starts in a fullscreen video mode, a call to SetResolution(width, height, false) in the first frame will change the resolution but will not change to windowed mode. Even a direct call to Screen.fullScreen = false won't change the fullscreen state. If I wait for a second before making the call then it works fine.

The game is built with the FullscreenWindow mode.

4. SimonDansereauArtifice

SimonDansereauArtifice

I have the same issue with Unity 5 on Yosemite. If I wait for a second before setting Screen.fullScreen to false, I see the game going into windowed mode, but the screen stays black. I can barely see my cursor and I hear the sounds but nothing shows up. On Windows, everything works as expected.

5. kocherovets.d

kocherovets.d

I have this problem too.

6. sevensails

sevensails

Let's report this bug!

7. bruno-martelli

bruno-martelli

My app in windowed mode on mac its fine, if i run it fullscreen - the screen is black.
    Unity version is 4.6.1, the same app is fine on OsX 10.10.1 mac laptop
    BUT
    not fine on Mac Mini 10.6.3 which is what i want to run it on
    ...oh yes and the screen the Mini is attached to is 1920 x 1080

8. Culzean

Culzean

I have also encountered this bug, I cannot switch in code from fullscreen mode to windowed on OSX. Has this issue been reported?
    I'm running Unity 5.0.2f on Yosemite

9. Culzean

Culzean

I've done my own test, with a completely default scene running this script,
    voidStart () {

Screen.fullScreen = false;
    Screen.SetResolution(800,600,false);
    }
    But this goes fullscreen and horribly stretched. If I run the project with the dialog pop up I can select Windowed true and get the desired behaviour, but this should be possible in code.

10. Culzean

Culzean

I changed the company name and it seems to offer the correct behaviour. It's very strange.

11. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Well has Unity QA ever confirmed anything?