Search Unity

Branches for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Roy_Theunissen, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Roy_Theunissen

Roy_Theunissen

Available on the Asset Store​

This thread is about Branches for Unity : a lightweight, easy to use, easy to extend node editor.
    To demonstrate how easy it is to build node-based systems it comes with a Logic, Dialogue and Behaviour tree.

It is intended for prototyping, separating design from implementation and as a base for new systems.

1 2 3

Why Branches for Unity?

• It has full Unity 5 Support
    • Contains fully functional Logic, Dialogue & Behaviour trees
    • You can directly access variables and methods from Components
    • It has an intuitive interface inspired by Mecanim
    • It has been created with thorough extensibility in mind
    • Supports Auto Live Link for real-time debugging

This thread

I'm personally using Branches for Unity as a starting point for my own game systems that require data that would otherwise have to be created using a complicated text file or a large transform hierarchy.

I'm curious to see what you guys think of it, I'd like to find things that I can improve upon and also I'd very much like to see what you guys are doing with it. Thank you for your time.

OnePxl likes this.
  2. FisherM

FisherM

Could this be used for a tech tree?
    Could you find a node by name or id and then find all nodes connected to a parent terminal?

3. Roy_Theunissen

Roy_Theunissen

Yes, a dictionary is maintained of all nodes by name, so you can look them up efficiently.

That's why unique names are generated when you create a new node, although you still have the option to rename it (it checks that the name isn't already used).

There are also built-in methods for a node to find all nodes that are connected to a slot.

4. andyz

andyz

Is the view zoomable?