Search Unity

Box Ninja (simple 2D game)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Deleted User, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello folks!

Just to my person first, Im a student who works short time based for different companies in my spare time.
    I discovered Unity a while ago but didnt have a use for it until now, Im going to realise a web project with Unity and build this game to "get close" with Unity and learn a bit about the workflow, settings etc..

Now to the game, it is really simple and tap based(lets you jump - a double jump is possible), so you only need to touch the screen.
    The target is to get as far as possible and not to stuck between all this different boxes.
    There are a few classes and behaviours for different boxes, like the ice box which lets you slide and be faster for a moment.
    It took me about 20hours (effective) to build everything this game includes.

For the moment it is Android and web only.

(Links removed)

There is a "huge" downside on this game which you will notice on a older Android device, it is really performance thirsty!

Would love to hear some feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  2. TheRaider

TheRaider

I gave it a try. It was far too easy and let myself die after passing 4K boxes after getting bored.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well Sir, you must be a real pro :D.
    I and people who tried it get to 1-2k.
    I thought about making the game harder for people who a better and give next to boxes a difficulty level.
    Like if someone passes 1k on level 1 I would let him pass to level 2 difficulty at next restart and make the level generator behave more "aggresive". Then people would still be able to compare to each other (X boxes in level Y).

Maybe I will find a bit of time and fix stuff next week :).

4. Rioneer

Rioneer

How's that easy, I can't get past 1k haha good job by the way.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Some other suggest / feedbacks to it ?
    Im thinking about a "real project" something more complex but before I start with it I want to be sure I didnt make any heavy mistakes.

Im Thankfull for every answer :)

6. raiden

raiden

You might wanna test your android link, was broken for me.

Deleted User likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sorry for that missed it , thanks for that champ!