Search Unity

Block uGUI scroll with overlay

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Orimay, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Orimay

Orimay

How do I create uGUI overlay with elements, that will block all underlying elements (including scroll area)?

I have something like a popup, that has to be closed on overlay click. There is a scroll area behind. The problem is that scroll appears while interaction with popup. I need popup to ignore everything under overlay.

What I have done: I have disabled GraphicRaycaster on the root Canvas and added new GraphicRaycaster on the overlay. Also, Overlay Canvas overrideSorting option enabled.

Thanks in advance!

2. KazYamof

KazYamof

If i got it right, maybe a CanvasGroup will help, if you use his Blocks Raycasts property.

3. Orimay

Orimay

Thanks, I'll try it. Though I think, I already did it :)

4. Orimay

Orimay

Thanks, but no, it does not help at all.

5. douglasg14b

douglasg14b

Hey Kender, could make a mockup image of what you are trying to accomplish? I may be able to help.

6. AwDogsGo2Heaven

AwDogsGo2Heaven

I've encountered this issue too. He merely wants to prevent the user from scrolling, like for example when a popup appears. I don't think there is a way to do this with Canvas Group unfortunately, as it appears the interactable field doesn't affect it. You might have to write some custom scripts, at least thats what I plan on doing.