Search Unity

blender models

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Shonysky, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Shonysky

Shonysky

i saw a tutorial at the youtube about exporting blender models to unity, some people use script, i already tried with the script and didn't worked, i also tried saving the file in .fbx and that didn't worked as well...
    can someone tell me if i can, and if i can, how to?

2. BenZed

BenZed

If you just place .blend files into your assets directory, unity should do this automatically

3. Suddoha

Suddoha

It should also work with .fbx if you do not need all the stuff that a .blend files contains. What exact problem do you encounter?

4. Shonysky

Shonysky

it can't export, im clicking Assets > Import new Package and that doesn't works
    i'm trying to drag to the unity, and that also doesn't works

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Import new package has nothing to do with importing models, that's only for Unitypackages. Just save the file in your project, same as every other type of asset.

--Eric

6. Shonysky

Shonysky

ok, my mistake, sorry, i'm clicking on the right button now, but, it's exporting more than a model, it's exporting the avatar and a simple animation

7. Suddoha

Suddoha

When you export the model as .fbx, you've got several options to include/exclude components and objects. E.g. lamps, animation, only the selected object or everything and so on. You may need to scroll down a bit.

If you only need the model, it's often the best choice. If you need to export complex object i'd also say recommend to do what @BenZed suggested, as long as you're not quite sure what to (un)check. In this case, just save (not export) the file and drag and drop it into your project, unless you have not already saved them to your asset folder