Search Unity

BlackScreen on iPhone6S Plus

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RobertO280, Oct 15, 2015.

1. RobertO280

RobertO280

Hey people,

I do not know what I should look further classified yet .

I have a project in Unity when I create this for iOS - Xcode and my iPhone 6 Plus ( iOS 9.0 ) everything works.
    By my new iPhone 6S Plus comes a black screen and that's it . The log of Xcode is empty .

With another project the same settings all goes . iossimulator 6SPlus goes.

What can be?

Unity Xcode latest versions .

Sorry for my English - Google translate.

2. Gametyme

Gametyme

Which version of Xcode are you using? My builds work perfect on both.

3. greg-harding

greg-harding

Are you using antialiasing and any post-effects or grabpasses?

We're still having trouble with 5.2.x on iOS using quality settings with antialiasing and any shader that does a grabpass. The screen goes black until the material/shader doing the grabpass isn't rendered or we disable antialiasing.

(http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...roid-unity-4-2-0f4.192561/page-2#post-2306233 @Alexey, bug filed Case 729439.)

We've not tested any 5.2.1patch releases yet as the bug hasn't been answered, but 5.2.1p4 which just came out does mention a fix in the release notes for iOS, OpenGL ES and AA (http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/iss...ng-causes-black-screen-with-gles-error-0x0500). That issue only lists OpenGL ES 2, though, and we're seeing problems using Metal too.

4. RobertO280

RobertO280

Xcode is 7.0.1
    unity is 5.2.1f1

The problem is unfortunately another problem . I have tried all sorts of settings for test purposes .
    The strange thing is that it runs on the 6+ with the same iOS . only on the new 6S + not .
    I will now time to create a new project and everything manually rewrite maybe it's all then .
    If he wants to open the app then comes the black screen before the splash screen comes . without an error message .
    Another App from me works fine on 6S+. Confused

5. RobertO280

RobertO280

Hey Guys,

I Create a new Projekt and Copy all Assets and Tags to the new Projekt and the app Works fine.

:)

6. schplurg

schplurg

I am having Anti Aliasing issues with the newest iOS devices. I'm still trying to track down which ones.

Using Unity 4.6.4. My players/testers can enable or disable AA in the game, so we've determined it is definitely AA causing it. It is a black screen now, though previously it was as if a material or texture wasn't dumped (or whatever) and then displayed in the wrong place - such as a texture from the previous game level being used as the background in my main menu.

Can anyone here share what devices they know have this issue? Since I don't imagine this being fixed soon, I would like to disable the AA option per device so others can still use it.

The devices I know it happened on:
    iPad mini 3
    iPhone 6 or 6s not sure which, I'm waiting for confirmation.