Search Unity

BlackJack Video Tutorial

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by kodagames, Feb 22, 2013.

1. kodagames

kodagames

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ASSET!!!

Im the creator of this tutorial and no longer have the video files and no longer support this asset, so please do not purchase. I've written the asset store to disable this content!

BlackJack Video Tutorial

How I created Black Jack with Unity3d Step by Step, beginning to end.

There are 20 tutorial videos in this series and the completed project, with all of the art assets and scripts as we go step by step with 11 hours of instructional video.

We start out creating all of the art assets with Photoshop then start putting it all together inside of Unity creating the code as we go using javascript.
    • The first set of video tutorials go into detail of how to create the table the background the cards buttons etc..
    • The next set videos walk you step by step through creating the code as we go using javascript creating lists, setting up the dealer (to deal us cards), creating those cool bounce effects, setting up the card counters etc..
    • Next set of Videos we script how to tell if you win a hand, lose a hand, if you tie or push, weather or not you bust, all through code as well as creating the buttons for Double downs, Stand, Hit Deal.
    • We explain how to reset the deck of cards, create the progress bar, give a bonus which goes into your bankroll that we created there is so much that we cover in this tutorial weather it be art or code we start from scratch until you have a fully functional game like in the demo and we walk you through everything we did step by step through these 20 video tutorials.
    • There is just too much stuff to list here which is why I created the intro video up top so you can see what you'll be learning and remember the 20 video tutorials walk you through step by step start to finish.

Be sure to try the webplayer demo so you can see the final results of what we'll be making and what you'll be getting. Then when your ready click on "Video Tutorial" below to get started right away.

Webplayer Demo CLICK HERE

Video Tutorial CLICK HERE

Be notified when New Tutorials are released CLICK HERE

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. Jawad

Jawad

I play a little bit. There should also be a help file included about what happanes in game...I could not understand wats going on in game...by the way good work...:)

3. kodagames

kodagames

Hello Jawad,

Here's are the basics of how Blackjack (the video tutorial series above) is played. If this is not what you were asking please write back and Id be more than happy to help and better explain it.

The object of the blackjack game is to accumulate cards with point totals as close to 21 without going over 21. Face cards (Jacks, Queens and Kings) are worth 10 points. Aces are worth 1 or 11. Other cards are represented by their number.

If player and the Dealer tie, it is a push and no one wins. Ace and 10 (Blackjack) on the first two cards dealt is an automatic player win at 3 to 2. A player may stand at any time (meaning, take no more cards).

To win you need to beat the dealer without busting. You bust when your cards total to more than 21 and you lose automatically. The winner is whoever has closest to a total of 21. You reach 21 by adding up the values of the cards.

Before receiving any cards players must place a wager. Then the players are dealt two cards face up. The dealer gets one face up, one face down. You can take more cards (HIT) to try and get closer to 21 without busting when you are as close as you think your going to get you can make your STAND. Then wait for the dealer's turn.
    The dealer turns up the down card. By rule, on counts of 17 or higher the dealer must stay(take no more cards); on counts of 16 or lower the dealer must draw (take a HIT).

If you make a total of 21 with the first two cards (a 10 (or a face card) and an Ace), you win automatically. This is called 'Blackjack. If you have Blackjack, you will win unless the dealer also has Blackjack, in which case it is a Push or a Tie and you get your money (bet) back.

A higher count than the dealer win an amount equal to their bet. A lower count than the dealer lose their bet. If the dealer busts the player wins.

The last option is the DOUBLE (double down) double your initial bet however, there is one condition: When you double down, you must take one additional card and you cannot receive any more cards. If you win this way you double your money but if you lose you double your loss.

I sure hope that makes sense and answers your question and if not write back and I'll reply again :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  4. nancy30

nancy30

good tutorials of blackjack, I have been working on chess game. I have subscribed to the mailers.

5. kodagames

kodagames

Excellent! Thank You very Much I hope you enjoy the series ;)

6. sabba2u

sabba2u

Had 3 and an ACE, hit for a QUEEN. Told me it was 24, whereas it should have been 14.

7. kodagames

kodagames

Hello sabba2u, How often did this happen? I've tried to reproduce the issue but have not had any luck? was it a one time glitch or is there a certain point in the game when this happens for example (only after the first cards are dealt, only when the first card is dealt is an ace, only when the second card is an ace, etc.) any information you have on when and how it happened will help me in solving the issue, I'll keep trouble shooting but so far I haven't been able to reproduce the issue and everything seems to work fine on my end.

8. Shigidy

Shigidy

How do I slow down the timer that gives you free chips...Only want them to get new chips every ten minutes.

9. kodagames

kodagames

Hi Shigidy,

Theres a gameObject in the scene called ProgressBar, after clicking it inside of the inspector there is a HowFast variable this is the number to edit.

0.1 is about 10 seconds
    0.01 is about 1 minute
    you can increase it to 0.0001 which is a really long time.

It is linked to barDisplay += Time.deltaTime * howFast;

for this example, the bar display is linked to the current time.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  10. yudhistre

yudhistre

Hello. I bought the tutorial but I'm not seeing where to get the videos. Can you please advise?

11. kodagames

kodagames

The links are in the project in a rtf file called VideoTutorials. I sent you an email with a direct link to the videos that you can download.

12. kodagames

kodagames

The gui is set up for a resolution of 700 x 600

To have it scale correctly with different resolutions add this at the beginning of the GUI function:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. GUI.matrix = Matrix4x4.TRS(Vector3.zero,Quaternion.identity,new Vector3(Screen.width/700f,Screen.height/600f,1f));

13. tbear2520

tbear2520

You have an issue with counting the A's as either a 1 or 10. You can bust with a A+6+5. Which should be 12 not 22.

14. Daniers

Daniers

tienes el tutoprial a mano, es que lo eliminaron y lo necesito, gracias