Search Unity

Blackberry not even in the Unity Mobile Hardware Stats?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by jashan, Aug 15, 2014.

1. jashan

jashan

I'm trying to find out a little more about whether getting into Blackberry development (and getting a Blackberry testing device first) would be reasonable given that it seems to be a tremendously small market. So I checked out the Unity Hardware Stats - and in the mobile section, Blackberry doesn't even appear, only Android, iOS, WP8 and WinRT.

So ... why not? Is there a specific reason or was it just missed?

The hardware stats are from May 2014, so they also seem a little outdated.

Any info on what can be expected of publishing for Blackberry would also be greatly appreciated (especially if you have your game available for other mobile platforms as well).

2. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Hi Jashan,

Personally I get better support from BlackBerry and better sales than iOS and Android combined, my game is a paid only release. One thing, the BlackBerry community seem very supportive which helps things.

My next release will be a free download, I'm sure that will give me more info.

Thanks,

Jon

3. jashan

jashan

Hi Jon, thanks for that info - that's very good to know! I guess visibility is the key here: There may be much fewer Blackberry users - but what use is a huge user base if no one ever gets to see your game ;-)

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

You will be better of sticking to a plugin such as Flurry if you want to find stat details for your games.