Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

BlackBerry DebugToken

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by psk-psk6, Jun 18, 2014.

1. psk-psk6

psk-psk6

HI,

Whenever I try to Import/Create a DebugToken I am getting this following error

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/BlackBerryPlayer/Tools\blackberry-tools\bin\blackberry-nativepackager.bat', CommandLine='-listmanifest DebugToken.bar', CurrentDirectory='C:/Users/Sri Krishna Paritala/PS VITA/BlackBerry'
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
    UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Utils/Program.cs:33)
    UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities.ExecuteSystemProcess (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, Boolean displayProgress, System.String progressTitle, System.String progressInfo) (at /BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10Utilities.cs:471)
    UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities.ExecuteSystemProcess (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir) (at /BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10Utilities.cs:454)
    UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities.GetDebugTokenDetails (System.String path) (at /BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10Utilities.cs:38)
    UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities.ProcessDebugToken (System.String path) (at /BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10Utilities.cs:127)
    UnityEditor.BB10.BB10SettingsEditorExtension.PublishSectionGUI (Single h, Single kLabelFloatMinW, Single kLabelFloatMaxW) (at /BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10SettingsEditorExtension.cs:124)
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.PublishSectionGUI (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, ISettingEditorExtension settingsExtension) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Inspector/PlayerSettingsEditor.cs:1495)
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Inspector/PlayerSettingsEditor.cs:523)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1124)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Any Ideas ?

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Hey there, what version of Unity are you running? Do you have a 32bit version of Java installed?

psk-psk6 likes this.
  3. psk-psk6

psk-psk6

Unity 4.5 Yes I tried it with 32 Bit Java 8, 7 Jdk's and the debug token works fine on the Mac side but on Windows I am getting this Exception. I am testing on PSM too so I want to test everything on Windows

4. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Hrm... interesting. I can't seem to reproduce using 4.5 on my windows machine. Judging from some of the line numbers it probably isn't a java issue because it's getting past our java check just fine. Another thing is your stack doesn't seem to have any error message... just a win32 exception. Usually there's some kind of message that goes with it like "NullReferenceException." What we're doing there is calling the BlackBerry nativepackager tool. Since it's failing in this case it should have dumped some kind of output to console and should have shown up somewhere before the stack trace. The BlackBerry tools are pretty good about that sort of thing.

Something you could try is navigating to your:
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/BlackBerryPlayer/Tools\blackberry-tools\bin
    directory in a command prompt in windows. From here you could run the native packager tool directly. That would take the Unity portion out of the loop to narrow down the source of the issue. Here's the way the command should look (using your error message as a guide):

blackberry-nativepackager.bat -listmanifest "C:\Users\Sri Krishna Paritala\PS VITA\BlackBerry\DebugToken.bar"

psk-psk6 likes this.
  5. psk-psk6

psk-psk6

The nativepackager executed perfectly it showed all the details of the Debug Token like Author Name , Expiry etc and completed without any errors. But this happened only when I ran the bat file as administrator from the cmd but normally it returned an error as file not found.

6. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Ah, is it possible that the account you're using on that machine doesn't have user read privileges to that location? Typically unity isn't ran as an administrator so it would have issues accessing files in restricted locations. You may need to modify the folder access privileges for the "Sri Krishna Paritala" directory off of C:\Users.

psk-psk6 likes this.
  7. psk-psk6

psk-psk6

How do I do that?

8. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

While I'm not sure exactly what your setup looks like, this may help you out:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Change-File-Permissions-on-Windows-7

Another thing you could try doing is just creating the DebugToken somewhere else aside from the C:\Users location. The C:\Users\<username> areas are usually locked down per account. It sounds like the place your attempting to create the debug token is in a users directory that isn't the same user that you're logged in with.

9. psk-psk6

psk-psk6

I have Only one User

10. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Hrm... It sounds like you've got some kind of permissions issue somewhere. Maybe try creating a debug token somewhere else? Also the file not found error is the nativepackager informing you that it can't find the DebugToken.bar file correct? Not that the command prompt can't find the blackberry-nativepackager.bat file correct?