Search Unity

Black screen using "VR Samples" on Gear VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by CloudSurfer, May 23, 2016.

1. CloudSurfer

CloudSurfer

Hi all,

I'm getting a black screen when I try to run Unity's VR Samples on Samsung Galaxy S6 using Gear VR.

My specs/process are as follows:

-Unity 5.3.4f1
    -Android 6.0.1 (on the aforementioned Samsung Galaxy S6)
    -Import "VR Samples" from the app store
    -I add my Oculus signature file to the Assets | Plugins | Android | Assets folder
    -Select File | Build Settings...
    -Switch the platform to Android
    -For "Texture Compression", I've tried both "Don't override" & ETC2 (GLES 3.0)
    -Under "Player Settings", I've double-checked that "Virtual Reality Supported" is checked (Player Settings screen cap included below)
    -Build as an APK, transfer to phone, install & run (I have also tried sending the app to my phone using debug mode; same result)

When I preview the "Intro" scene, I can not only see it, but I can tilt the camera to simulation head movement & click on menus/objects.

When I run the app, however, I simply get the perfunctory screen warning message that the app wants to access my system, I click "Allow", then black.

I have left the headset on for several minutes to make sure it's not a performance issue. I'll also note that I have been able to design my own simple Gear VR apps, build them as APKs, and run them, all using this same PC/mobile install, so I know its not that have the whole system setup incorrectly.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm stumped.

Attached Files:

2. dawidmat

dawidmat