Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[BETA RELEASE!] Atlantic Crisis ... Hand-Coded "Old School" Submarine Fun!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by GarBenjamin, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Bending-Unit-22

Bending-Unit-22

Waiting for leader-board :) If that API from game jolt is accessible and free consider adding weakly, monthly and all the time.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I may look into that at some point. I don't have a huge amount of interest in making games for web portals. These are just prep projects just to sort of warm-up. I've done a lot of game dev in my life but I haven't completed much in a long time. So I am on a mission now to complete a few games and put them on GameJolt (possibly other places). That also gives me something to test with as I create my marketing strategy. Basically I see it as knocking the rust off of my ole fingers and brain. lol

I have no doubt that if a person used the GameJolt API they could get far more downloads of their game(s). Because if they added achievements it would then show up in the Games with achievements list. On the other hand, that is the wrong reason to get plays. At least for me and my goals.

Who knows though. I might get the urge to check it out sometime soon. :)

Bending-Unit-22 likes this.
  3. Bending-Unit-22

Bending-Unit-22

Well it is your decision but I don't see anything wrong with little competition. Such high score board would add even more fun. Preserving of course retro style :)

GarBenjamin likes this.
  4. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Just a quick update here... today on lunch I went to GameJolt to login and check my notifications. As soon as I got to their home page I was like whoahhh... when did this happen?!

Have a look... http://www.gamejolt.com

Made my day that someone there apparently appreciated my efforts.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Bending-Unit-22 and Aiursrage2k like this.
  5. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Wow congrats!

GarBenjamin likes this.
  6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Only 1/7 people are playing maybe you should add a PC build

GarBenjamin likes this.
  7. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Yeah I plan to just was way too busy tonight with other work. I'm happy just to see so many people enjoying it so much who are playing it. But yes I would like for more people to be able to play it. Tomorrow I took a half day off work so I will make a desktop build first thing as soon as I am off work.

I am still surprised that so many people cannot play games in Unity WebGL builds. From what the folks were saying on the forum it is a Unity specific issue. So I guess Gamemaker web builds don't have that issue. Not sure since it was first I ever heard of it.

8. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Ha ha! That reminds me of several years back when the few arcade machines scattered around town (one at laundry mat, couple at a truck stop, etc) all had GAR at the top or very close to top of list. Sadly they've nearly all gone now.

Bending-Unit-22 likes this.
  9. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Just a quick note to say the Windows desktop build has been added to GameJolt.

Although I doubt many around here are interested (there are some people who like classic games here for sure!) still wanted to let you know. Hoping this helps the folks over there who wanted to try it out and were not able to.