Search Unity

Best way to go about developing 2d Map Editor

Discussion in '2D' started by Owchzzz, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Owchzzz

Owchzzz

I found a video serious on youtube but the guy doesnt really explain things that well. Ive been a programmer for over 4 years. and looking at code is enough for me, but being new to unity Id like to learn things through video or audio or well documented tutorials.

But basically Im looking at trying to get a grid system into the scene view and creating a tool to allow clicks to draw prefabs.

2. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Look into making a custom editor window... scene view events... onscenegui() etc.

3. Owchzzz

Owchzzz

Hi,

Thanks for the tip I've actually completed my simple 2D Map Editor

4. MaddoScientisto

MaddoScientisto

Since you completed it maybe you could post what you did so that other people can benefit from that?
    It's kind of bad when people go "nvm I fixed it"and never post their solution

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. Owchzzz

Owchzzz

Hi Maddo,

agreed but it would take quite some time to create a post about it here and i cant properly express it. I was planning on making a youtube video tutorial series for it and maybe just linking that here.

6. MaddoScientisto

MaddoScientisto

I'm looking forward to it then! Also remember to take object scale into consideration when drawing the grids and the tiles