Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle for Donetsk [Free]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by LuGus-Studios, Mar 16, 2015.

1. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

LuGus Studios is happy to announce Battle for Donetsk, a game about the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. The game can be played for free on the web or on Android devices.​

As game developers in a peaceful western European country, the war in Ukraine mostly reaches us in the form of higher gas prices and fruit that have lost their main export market. Maybe, for a change, we could look at things from a slightly broader perspective.

Battle for Donetsk is a war game with an anti-war message. We do not wish to take a political stance or condone violence and conflict. On the contrary, we hope that the game will raise awareness of the conflict in Ukraine. Its sobering character should provide some food for thought.

The game is completely FREE from start to end. You can support us by sharing the game, thanks in advance!

rakkarage and RoyalCoder like this.
  2. peterkungen

peterkungen

Looking good!

3. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

Thanks a lot. Feedback is always welcome!

Did you figure out how to win the game?

4. peterkungen

peterkungen

I was to impatient to give it time enough. My taste of game is faster :p

5. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

The last 3 days have been crazy! Battle for Donetsk went viral all over the world. We appeared in news articles, newspapers and TV shows. People all over the world support the project, the amount of positive reactions is amazing. A big thanks to everyone who played the game, shared and talked about it!

+ 40.000 youtube views
    + 55.000 unique players
    + 100.000 website visits

You guys are amazing!

RoyalCoder likes this.
  6. AlexanderTeaH

AlexanderTeaH

I absolutely love the game over screen. Fantastic way to convey a message! Great work on the game itself, too!

PS:
    Figured out how to win, didn't take too long. Nicely done. ;)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    LuGus-Studios likes this.
  7. JDMulti

JDMulti

Really nice game, simple but yet enjoyable gameplay. Also the message set for what's happening in Europe is great as well. This game remembers me from "Sword and Soldiers". =) http://www.swordsandsoldiers.com/

LuGus-Studios likes this.
  8. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

Thanks a lot for the great reactions!
    Swords and Soldiers has been a big inspiration source for us. Ofcourse since we only had 2 weeks time to make our game, our features are content is a bit limited.

9. dreamhex

dreamhex

Funny and sad at the same time, kinda courageous, but I think you'll get lot of 1* reviews from "the others".

10. LuGus-Studios

LuGus-Studios

Overall we get very positive reactions on the Google Play Store. People who give us bad ratings seem not to understand what are intentions are.