Search Unity

AutoPilot for Testflight 1.0 (deploy iOS builds via cloud!) - Now on the asset store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Cratesmith, Aug 14, 2011.

1. jaybinaryspace

jaybinaryspace

Hi Crates,
    I just purchased and downloaded AutoPilot. Two things!

1. I am getting some variation on the arm errors (I think). Here's what I'm getting whenever I try and build with the testflightsdk on:

Turning off the sdk fixes this, but does the sdk allow me to auto add test flight users? Because...

2. I can't auto add TestFlight users. I've double checked that the distribution list is identical but none of my testers are getting emails. I'm fairly sure your plugin is supposed to automatically add new users from the distribution list, but not sure if that's only when using the sdk. Please confirm.

Regards,
    Jay

2. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hi there!
    Sorry you're having troubles, in answer to your two questions:

1. You seem to have run into an issue with the testflight SDK integration step. If building without testflight sdk, and then reattempting building with the tesflight SDK doesn't work... you have two options of how to fix this:

A. Send me your email adress either as a PM or an email and I can send you a beta version that should be immune to this issue. (you'll need to be using unity 3.5.2+, xcode 4.3.3+ and testflight sdk 1.0+ to run this)

B. Reset your project and autopilot back to a "factory fresh" state by performing the following steps:
    2. You need to use the testflight dashboard to add them as tester members to your team. The testflight website contains a lot of info on how this process works.

Additionally autopilot only asks testflight to send emails if you have make sure that 'notify users' is ticked, and be aware that testflight only emails users about builds with version number changes.

Let me know if that's not clear or you have any further issues!

3. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

I'm getting Build Failed erros from TestFlight that say this:

When I build manually everything is okay.
    Do you have any ideas? My coworker has it working on his project, but when I do it I get this error.

4. ibyte

ibyte

Getting a similar error recently since upgrading to 3.5.3

iByte

5. wightwhale

wightwhale

I'm getting this error after upgrading unity.
    EntryPointNotFoundException: TestFlight_PassCheckpoint
    TestFlightSDK.PassCheckpoint (System.String checkpointName) (at Assets/Plugins/TestFlightSDK/TestFlightSDK.cs:39)

6. danien

danien

I can build and run fine from Unity->Xcode->iPhone but if I build with Autopilot, the app always crashes after the Unity splash screen.

Partial crash log:

Hardware Model: iPhone4,1
    Process: TapTapP3 [400]
    Path: /var/mobile/Applications/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/TapTapP3.app/TapTapP3
    Identifier: TapTapP3
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: ARM (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2012-07-01 00:47:28.032 +0800
    OS Version: iPhone OS 5.1.1 (9B206)
    Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x2fd1eff8
    Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 name: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    Thread 0 Crashed:
    0 TapTapP3 0x00ee1998 0x1f000 + 15477144
    1 TapTapP3 0x00e9b1d0 0x1f000 + 15188432
    2 TapTapP3 0x00e9b5a4 0x1f000 + 15189412
    3 TapTapP3 0x00f02470 0x1f000 + 15610992
    4 TapTapP3 0x014d94cc 0x1f000 + 21734604
    5 TapTapP3 0x0156af98 0x1f000 + 22331288
    6 TapTapP3 0x0151d944 0x1f000 + 22014276
    7 TapTapP3 0x014dae8c 0x1f000 + 21741196
    8 TapTapP3 0x00db4394 0x1f000 + 14242708
    9 TapTapP3 0x00db5360 0x1f000 + 14246752
    10 TapTapP3 0x00bc5dd8 0x1f000 + 12217816

7. ibyte

ibyte

Hi Cratesmith, for my issue where the app cannot be built from testflight , I tried running the command from the command line and get

iPhone_target_prefix.pch has been modified since the precompiled header was built. The compile command is failing when trying to compile AppController.mm

I tried a "clean" from the xcode project and reran the command but still get the same error. The project does build cleanly from within xcode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

iByte

EDIT: Did some more digging in the Unity forum and tried the suggestion of deleting the derived data from the Organizer Projects screen in xcode and that lets the build proceed.

So it's working now. :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  8. trooper

trooper

Hi,

I've got auto pilot up and running and everything seems to be in order except I'm not receiving any crash logs.

I can see the Testflight handler message saying it's installed, I've downloaded the game from test flight but when it crashes (and I start it back up and wait awhile) i don't have any crash logs to look at.

Is there something I can check/call to see if its working?

9. Dragonhill

Dragonhill

I am receiving same error but could not fix it using the above fix. Currently using unity3d 3.5.3f3

~D

10. K.Boman

K.Boman

Hi

I installed Autopilot yesterday and everything works fine. I can log sessions and checkpoints, however i can not get "Questions" to work, i´ve added questions to a couple of checkpoints but they never show up in my game. I dont know if this is related to Autopilot or Testflight? If anyone has this working please reply.

Thanks,
    Kristofer

11. danien

danien

Hi Cratesmith,

It's been over a month and I still can't get Autopilot to work reliably. Really need your help here.

Essentially, the build and upload seems to go without problems, but when the app is run on the device, it shows the Unity splash screen and then crashes immediately after that. Same happens for everyone who downloads the build. If I build from Unity without Autopilot, it runs on the device just fine.

I've noticed 2 things that could indicate what's going on.

1. In the Autopilot preferences, Xcode Build Sheme keeps getting reset to N/A after each build. No other options available to select. If I open the .xcodeproject file in Xcode and manually set the scheme to unity-iphone > my-ios-device, the Autopilot preferences scheme setting will show unity-iphone and allow me to select between that and unity-iphone-simulator. However, after building with Autopilot, this gets reset to N/A again.

2. After building with Autopilot, Unity keeps complaining (in the console log) with

which leads me to think that Autopilot deletes Assets/Plugins/iOS/libTestFlight.a and TestFlight.h. Don't know if this matters at all.

12. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey there folks, I'm having huge problems with my forum account at the moment. (18th attempt at sending this message)
    If you're having trouble, please contact me via cratesmith@cratesmith.com

Also, if you haven't already. Update autopilot.
    The new version is out and it's a boatload of improvements over the last version.

13. danien

danien

Managed to resolve my crash at the Unity splash screen when running a Testflight-enabled build on the device by turning off Development Build in Build Settings. Thanks to Cratesmith for helping to investigate.

14. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Okay folks, back from holidays this week (though I'll be heading off to get to unite next week).

And it also looks like my forum account issues are fixed. So I'll be trying to sort through all the remaining problems people are having before heading off.

15. vonchor

vonchor

I made some changes in my project and found that while it would work fine when downloaded via Xcode and a cable (to an ipad) that the app would crash after the splash screen when uploaded via testflight. After searching with some clever search strings like "Unity3d testflight crash" I found what was going on.

I had changed build settings to "ARM V6 OpenGLES 1.1" to save a little code size and to get a higher frame rate. Guess what - that's what it was. I rebuilt using "Universal armV6 V7" and got rid of opengles 2.0 by commenting out #define USE_OPENGLES20_IF_AVAILABLE 1 in AppController.mm and the apps worked fine thru testflight again.

This is unlikely to be testflight and more likely to be your plugin somehow (or maybe the testflight sdk somehow?)

anyway just wanted to pass this along.

16. vonchor

vonchor

just to add a little more: the ARMV6 setting works fine if you untick the "Build with testflight SDK" option. I also unticked DSYMS but that probably isn't the issue. Therefore I revise what I said about the problem being the plugin, it's more likely testflight itself.

I'd rather have the sdk but adding the sdk and syms increased the app size by 5 MBytes so I can't really use it in distribution and I don't want to have to remember to disable opengles 2.0 in unity-generated code - bug city.

17. danboutros

danboutros

Hi there.

We're having an issue where we had to add a new app to our system (so now two are in development at the same time), but only one app is a Unity app using autopilot.

The problem we're having is that we are being told our OLD app id is being referenced in the build process, and the build is failing.

However:
    1. We have REMOVED any provision profiles attached to this old app id.
    2. We've checked in the organizer to confirm and all are valid, signed and not referencing the old app id.

Sadly, we don't know how to nuke the old app id from our system.

The error goes:

Additional Output:
    Code Sign error: Provisioning profile 'SD BC Profile' specifies the Application Identifier 'comp.ourco.ourgameid' which doesn't match the current setting 'comp.ourco.ouroldgameid'

18. ibyte

ibyte

Hi I just came back to my project after a couple weeks leave and I saw an update to Autopilot 3.2. When I tried to import it via the asset store unity crashes with a

Fatal Error

type == kMetaAssetType pathName.find ("library/metadata") != 0

Is 3.2 compatible with Unity 3.5.6f4? -

I saw in Unity once my project was reloaded that
    Automatic import for 'Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Images/Skin.guiskin' was disabled because the asset importer crashed on it last time.
    You can use 'Assets -> Import Asset' to enable automatic importing again.

A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Assets/AutoPilot/Plugins/TestFlightSDK/TestFlightSDK.cs' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:Refresh()
    TestFlightPreferencesWindow:OnDisable() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightPreferencesWindow.cs:70)
    UnityEditor.ContainerWindow:InternalCloseWindow()

iByte

19. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Ugh, yeah. Something went wrong... I quicky pushed out a 4.0 only patch to keep people being able to use autopilot once they updated but it didn't get flagged as needing unity4 to install... it's going to crash unity 3.5 if you install it.

I've submitted a universal patch to fix this today which will be 3.2b. If you've accidentally updated to 3.2 and you're running unity3.5 get in touch with me at cratesmith@cratesmith.com and I'll send you a replacement for the file that's causing that error.

20. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

A few people are getting this one, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.
    There seem to be two things that fix it: telling the xcode organizer to refresh your provisions again, and deleting your build folder.

I've taken a guess at what would cause this issue and put a possible fix into version 3.2 (for unity4) and the upcoming 3.2b (for everything) but I don't know if it's the actual cause, so fingers crossed there.

21. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Just a heads up folks. Version 3.2b universal is now on the asset store.
    If you installed version 3.2, remove the autopilot folder before installing this update and everything should work fine again.

22. steddyman

steddyman

Has anyone got AutoPilot working with the TestFlight SDK version 1.2?

I have updated to 1.2, but I don't see the Checkpoint remote logging calls any longer on testflightapp.com. I did previously with the 1.1 release of the SDK.

Also, where does the App token go? It doesn't look like the User or the Team tokens in any way.

Also, Uploaded a new build and set it to force build updates at runtime in Area 51, but the app didn't ask me to update it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  23. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

I haven't had time to make SDK 1.2 support for Autopilot yet (due to extreme workload on other projects).

It's something I will be doing, but it's possible that for stability reasons I'll be keeping Testflight SDK 1.2 support in closed beta until the SDK's final version is released.

You can get in contact with me at cratesmith@cratesmith.com if you want to be a part of that

24. steddyman

steddyman

Yes please. Is that something you have available to test now?

I did send you an email at 17:38 UK time today. Please let me have the closed beta.

Thanks

25. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

That being said... I've just had a quick look and they haven't changed the interface, documentation or instructions at all since 1.1.

It should just work with Autopilot as is (in theory).

Doing a test build now with it to see if it does.

26. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Yep, it does.
    As far as using the beta version, it only has these changes from the current stable version (1.1)

27. steddyman

steddyman

It is working for me, but the Checkpoint logging is not working, the feedback is not working and the auto update is not working. In fact no API related functions are working for me.

I can also see nowhere to put the App Token in the interface. Am i missing something?

28. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Ah that's the problem,
    turn off the App token feature in your Area 51 account settings.

If it's off, it uses your team token and everything will work fine.

I'm planning on adding support App tokens in future, but given that it just is a way to group similar builds on the dashboard this isn't a huge priority to fix right now.

29. steddyman

steddyman

Ok Thanks

I reverted to SDK 1.1 because I needed to submit to the App Store and that is working fine, even with the App Token feature enabled in Area 51. I'll wait until you release a version compatible with 1.2 before updating.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  30. maynull

maynull

Is it compatible with Unity 4.0 ? Thank you

31. wightwhale

wightwhale

About half the time when I'm building to a device I'm crashing now. It's only crashing while I'm running in xcode though.

This is the line where the problem is.
    [TestFlight takeOff:mad:"791593e48f38c37251ef11ffd79b3faa_OTc1NTQyMDEyLTA2LTA3IDE0OjIzOjE3LjU5NDc4Mw"];

Not sure if I'm the only one having the problem or not.

32. maynull

maynull

Just bought Autopilot 3.0 and upload the build using it.. Problem is, Session does not start when I open application so I cannot see any session in Testflightapp.com What should I do?

33. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

I am interested in picking this up but the dev has not replied to this thread in 3 weeks now. Is it still supported and does it work with Unity 4?

34. meta87

meta87

Works fine for me in Unity 4.0. I haven't updated to 4.1.

35. agentsmith

agentsmith

Like Lostlogic mentioned, I too am interested in this but the author hasn't responded (now 4 weeks) and would like to know if he plans on supporting this project long term.

36. Ryuuguu

Ryuuguu

I could build with 4.0 but I can't build with 4.1
    I have autopilot v 3.2b

37. Jon-at-Kaio

Jon-at-Kaio

Hi,

Looks like Testflight has made use of the app token mandatory now, (TF SDK is the only problem I'm having in unity3d v4.latest) so I'm guessing crate is hard at work accommodating that amongst other things.
    I recommend this product 110%, testflight makes life easier sure, but autopilot makes using test flight from unity3d a real breeze.

Chill

38. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey everyone.
    Sorry for the long delay on this one

Autopilot 3.3 has just been submitted to the asset store with support for Testflight SDK 1.2.4

I'll send word when it's been released.

39. Fayer

Fayer

Does your plugin support Android?

40. thanhle

thanhle

please fix this error can't "scan for schemes " i use basic version "not unity pro"
    $error2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  41. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

I know why it's doing this, but it'll be tricky to fix this problem.
    I probably won't get a chance to look at it properly till the weekend.

42. thanhle

thanhle

now it have been fixed ?

43. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Autopilot 3.3.1 has just been submitted for review. It has a few GUI fixes people have been asking for, and a schema scanning pipeline for people using unity basic (correct schemas are needed for testflight live .ipa files)

Hopefully should be released in a few days. :)

44. Packedbox

Packedbox

Hi,

I encounter the following error when trying to 'Scan Fro Schemes'.
    I'm using Autopilot 3.3.1 , Unity Pro 4.1.5f1 and XCode 4.6.3 ( the xcodeproj in the trampoline folder contains a user.pbxuser but no nico.pbxuser it generates 2 errors in the unity log:

Error building Player: FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/Users/nico/Panda/Temp/StagingArea/iPhone-Trampoline/Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj/nico.pbxuser".

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TestFlightPreferencesWindow.DrawSubUserSettings_XCodeSchema (.TestFlightPreferences preferences, Boolean narrow, .TestFlightXCodeSchemas availableSchemas) (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightPreferencesWindow.cs:683)
    TestFlightPreferencesWindow.DrawSubUserSettingsForIPA (.TestFlightPreferences preferences, Boolean narrow, .TestFlightMobileProvision[] availableProvisions, .TestFlightXCodeSchemas availableSchemas, System.String[] availableIdentities) (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightPreferencesWindow.cs:425)
    TestFlightPreferencesWindow.DrawSubUserSettings (.TestFlightPreferences preferences, System.Boolean showUserLists, Boolean narrow, .TestFlightMobileProvision[] availableProvisions, .TestFlightXCodeSchemas availableSchemas, System.String[] availableIdentities) (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightPreferencesWindow.cs:440)
    TestFlightMessageWindow.OnGUI_BuildOptions (Single width, Boolean useThinStyle, Single startHeight) (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightMessageWindow.cs:113)
    TestFlightMessageWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightMessageWindow.cs:68)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName)
    UnityEditor.HostView.OnGUI ()

45. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

This is pretty common internal problem in unity, it often gets caused by temporary files being deleted.
    First of all make sure your testflight build path is a valid location.
    Secondly try manually building for iphone at that location (if unity is in this state you may need to restart it or it'll give you the same error).

Once you've been able to build at that location it should work as normal

46. Packedbox

Packedbox

Hi,
    the Testflight build path was a valid location but settings another location fixed the problem and starting a fresh AutoPilot Build in that location fixed the problem.
    Thanks for your help.

47. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

Is it possible to get an option to delete the last build when publishing? I am using vuforia and the post processing on xcode class is a bit dogdy and it requires to start fresh everytime. That would be handy indeed.

Also, is there any plan to support android? testflight is making a move for testing android apps, that would be great if Autopilot would support this too!

Many thanks!

Jean

48. Insomniac4Hire

Insomniac4Hire

Skimmed through this forum and couldn't find the answer but I would like to know if you can use autopilot fully from the commandline using -batchmode -executeMethod <AutoPilotClass.AutoPilot.Method>?
    If so this is a must buy for me for a timed automated build system

49. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey everyone,
    I've been really busy with other work. But here's where things are up to with autopilot.
    - There is a version of autopilot for android in the works, but it's not stable yet. I'm working on this in my weekends and it's pretty close to a testable alpha.
    - I've just submitted a patch to support Unity4.2 (as the unity's iOS pipeline changed)

It will work from the command line, but not with "-batchmode"
    I'd like to be able to fix this, but currently the build process uses an editor window as a hack to store certain information when assemblies are reloaded mid build (there's no way to stop unity doing this). I haven't found any other way to get around this problem yet.

50. stigvp

stigvp

Hello, do you know when the patch for Unity 4.2 will become available in the Asset Store? Is there another place to get it from? Many thanks, Stig Petersen.