Search Unity

Autodesk stingray ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by punkouter2019, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punkouter2019

punkouter2019

2. elbows

elbows

They acquired the game engine called Bitsquid last year, and its not been a secret that they will rebrand it and integrate it to some extent with some of their existing apps. The pricing model and most of the other details are unknown, and I won't be speculating on it since we are so close to finding out.

I am not a fan of Autodesk, so I struggle to imagine relying on them for my game engine. But perhaps their offering will be very attractive for certain kinds of games/developers.

3. Neoku

Neoku

wow, one big fish more in the tank.

4. punkouter2019

punkouter2019

Good to have some competition at least. It seems for the most part the days of writing games all in code are about over.

5. Ness

Ness

So its gonna be 5000$ for EU citizens to use, like 3DSMAX? :) Can't wait :)

6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

bitsquid is outdated. Unless the update the render core massively (which I doubt) they will release the bitsquid 2013 version with better communication to autodesk tools.

7. shaderop

shaderop

I cannot wait for an excuse to get back on the Autodesk bandwagon. I really enjoyed paying a yearly ransom to some shady reseller for the pleasure of watching a once-great product wither away with each release until it was cancelled. Been a while since I felt so unvalued as a customer.

8. thxfoo

thxfoo

And Stingray is a great name, only few bad connotations. Like being used to snoop on the communication of countless Americans.

9. JDMulti

JDMulti

No way this is something I burn my hands on. Did once with 3ds Max, but damn that software is the worst instable crap I have ever installed on my pc. The support is crap, everyday crashes, bugs and workarrounds and still work with is as it's industry standard and integrated with our workflow. I stay with what I got now, but defiantly not Autodesk Software for creating games.

And besides that, shareholders have there fingers in the soup, they hardly listen to the community anyways. People reporting bugs from back to 3ds Max 2008 are still present in 2015. But they rather integrate new features then fixing the stuff that anoyes the huge amount of users. 100% sure i'm not gonna touch... nono not again...

10. DGart.work

DGart.work

it's 30$ per month
    it has the ability to connects to autodesk softwares maya / max like live connection for maya and motion builder
    human IK
    a material editor like unreal
    a visual scripting tool like uscript
    physically based shader and realtime screen space reflection for reflection source

11. XGundam05

XGundam05

12. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.