Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Responsive Design Windows 10

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by tmanallen, Nov 26, 2015.

1. tmanallen

tmanallen

This may be in the wrong thread and if so please move and shift me in the right direction, but I thought with UWP 10 it is suppose to autoscale to fit the screen? I have downloaded the lastest unity version and i am running into an issue where it is not autoscaling the UI backgrounds. Granted my images for the UI are moving, not all parts but some parts but shouldn't it scale the static background?

2. tmanallen

tmanallen

So I am about to try and do it in Blend and see what happens....wish me luck.

3. jister

jister

you should set your anchor points to fit your UI element if you want it to scale with the screen size. Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 12.20.23.png
    why they didn't build in an auto function for this is a mistery to me :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  4. ThermalFusion

ThermalFusion

5. jister

jister

maybe I'm doing something wrong, but using shift alt there scales my UI element to my full canvas size...?

6. ThermalFusion

ThermalFusion

For me it fills the parent element.
    Which is what I thought you meant with that.

7. tmanallen

tmanallen

thanks for replying, I anchored all my buttons and elements but the scale is so off when I put it in the table emulators that everything is either squeezed together or so far apart you see a skybox which I have depth only on mine in the back ground. I was trying to get responsive design which I thought Unity had so that no matter the scale my game app will scale to any device, any ideas on that?

8. jister

jister

9. tmanallen

tmanallen

@jister I think I have it working now, I was going to shoot a screen shot of it but what I did was reinstall VS community 2015 and ran it again, it is responding to the changing devices, I will still hit this topic back just in case it does it again, but I am guessing that my VS was corrupt for some reason.

Thank you guys again.