Search Unity

AssetBundles and LightMaps

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Piflik, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Piflik

Piflik

As a followup to my last question: Is there an established workflow for including LightMaps in an AssetBundle?

If I try to put them in one Bundle together with the scene(s), I get a message that I cannot combine Assets and Scenes in a single Bundle, but if I try to load a lightmapped scene from a Bundle (in the assumption that the LightMaps might have been included autmatically, like the meshes and prefabs used in the scene), I also get an error: "Failed reading from: 'd8/d858b9ec64c52b36f62218c8d121d791.ecm'."

Edit: I noticed that Loading the Scene additively prevents the error. The meshes still aren't properly lightmapped, although I can see a faint shadow from the lightmap. Some part of it seems to be imported properly. But the meshes are too bright (Images attached). Also I noticed the static flag was absent from all imported objects, which probably also messes with lightmapping, but setting the flag manually in the running scene, doesn't make a difference. Also the lightsource (also part of the imported scene) doesn't influence the imported models. Changing the Baking Type from Mixed to Realtime or Baked doesn't change that behaviour.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. Piflik

Piflik

This issue seems to be resolved with Unity 5.2. Further testing required, but currently it looks like it works correctly.