Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Assetbundle loading error

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by gear, Feb 12, 2015.

1. gear

gear

Hello,
    I am using Unity b19, while loading one of our game bundle i am getting GameObject (named 'PfGameManager') references runtime script in scene file. Fixing! ). Any idea when we get this kind of error.

Thanks

2. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  3. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

Are you using LoadAssetAsync?

We recently just found and fixed a bug in this.

4. gear

gear

Yes i am using LoadAssetAsync with Unity b22.

5. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

I was also using LoadAsset Async. Will this fix be in RC2?

6. Roni92

Roni92

Im using loadAssetAsync, and its working just fine(RC1).

7. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

I have a feeling it's to do with scripts. I was exporting ScriptableObjects from one project with matching scripts in the other project.

8. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

Yes sorry, I should have been more specific.
    It has when you include an object that references a script, eg. a prefab or ScriptableObject.

Texture and other asset type will load fine with LoadAssetAsync

9. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

So I should use LoadAsset in the mean time?

10. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

yes, that works fine

11. gear

gear

changing to LoadAsset doesn't fix the issue.

12. Anozireth

Anozireth

I am also getting the "GameObject (named 'leftAnchor') references runtime script in scene file. Fixing!" error. I am using using RC2 and LoadAsset<T>. I get the error several times for a fairly complex prefab, with the GameObjects referenced containing various different scripts (some more than one). This group of errors is preceded by a large group of "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!" errors, but when I look at the loaded prefab in the Hierarchy view, there doesn't appear to be any scripts missing.

13. Anozireth

Anozireth

I'm also seeing a weird error where some scripts on objects in my startup scene seem to lose object references. For example, I initialize an object in Start(), and when I try to access it in Update(), I get a null reference exception, even through it is not set anywhere other than Start(). This particular script has nothing to do with AssetBundles, but this error only seems to happen when I enable my 5.0 AssetBundle system. It did not happen with my 4.X AssetBundle system (that is very similar).

I'm having this issue on a few different scripts. The scripts that have this problem all seem to be on prefabs that are NOT bundled (while most are), and are either in the startup scene or loaded from /Resources with Resources.Load. They all are OK until the Update() loop fires, at which point they have lost some values.

I know this probably isn't enough detail to get any answers, but I thought I would put this out there in case someone else is having a similar issue.

14. Tim-Wiese

Tim-Wiese

I switched from LoadAsset<T> to LoadAsset().

I was having similar issues, then I switch from LoadAsset<T> to LoadAsset() and the errors went away.

I also noticed this in the AssetBundle Thread:

1. "AssetBundle loading APIs changed, now we have:
      • AssetBundle.GetAllAssetNames(). Return all the asset names in the AssetBundle.
      • AssetBundle.GetAllScenePaths(). Return all the scene asset paths if it's a streamed scene AssetBundle.
      • AssetBundle.LoadAsset(). Load asset from AssetBundle.
      • AssetBundle.LoadAllAssets()
      • AssetBundle.LoadAssetWithSubAssets()
      • Asynchronous version also provided
      • We won’t return component type any more, please load the game object first and then look up the component on the object."
    So now I just always load it as a Object first then change it to a GameObject and do a GetComponent if I need to.

15. Anozireth

Anozireth

Unfortunately I am already using LoadAsset() and then casting to the type I need. However, I just found that my issue was related to using AssetBundle.CreateFromFile to load the bundle. I submitted a bug (674181) with a repro, so hopefully it will get looked at.

16. Keldrin

Keldrin

@SteenLund, Did the LoadAssetAsync fix get into RC3? I still have the issue (just using the demo code from Vincent's thread with a small tweak to download from a website).

17. captain_zero

captain_zero

2015.3.1 still have the issue