Search Unity

[Asset] Warp Points - Warp positions for Cameras/Players/GameObjects

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by djweinbaum, Jul 29, 2014.

1. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

Warp Points an editor extension that let's you easily save positions/rotations for a GameObject. I wrote it because I found I like to have player positions, camera positions or screenshot angles around my world, that I like to recall. Here's how it works:

You can go download it for free in the release thread.

Thanks,
    Danny

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. crag

crag

My workflow must be similar because I think this would be a useful tool. Minimum $5! Nice work.

3. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

I'm glad to hear it! I was starting to think it wouldn't even be worth submitting.

4. crag

crag

I just randomly came across this:
    http://qt-ent.com/free-download-sceneview-booksmarks-script/

Where it falls short, aside from only 3 positions stored, is that it doesn't store the editor camera zoom value so when you jump around to stored sceneviews it is never exactly the way you saved (unless you didn't zoom) ;)

5. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

Oh crazy! Hadn't seen that. Yeah mine doesn't even do the scene view it just does game objects. I could pretty easily store the field of view, but I didn't want it to be messing with my players field of view for in game stuff. But I suppose I could also easily set the field of view to what its meant to be on start(), or maybe make a check box for it.

6. mathias234

mathias234

Could be a nice tool $5 Because the design is better then any i seen before

7. crag

crag

@djweinbaum
    checkbox!

edit: I guess if the gameobject has a camera component, it could be automatic.
    edit 2: Or, just make a separate scene editor script doing basically what your doing for gameobject but for the sceneview.

... anyway, a different beast with some crossover

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  8. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

Well the asset store rejected it saying it was too simple so I just released it for free. Perhaps its for the best. I hope someone finds it useful!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  9. crag

crag

I'll use it in my current project and give feedback. Thanks for sharing it!