Search Unity

[Asset Server] Copy project repository to a new computer

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Teku-Studios, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

Hi!

We're working on a large scale project and so far we've been using my computer as the localhost PC for all the project changes (we're using Unity's built-in version control system), but now, as new professionals have joined the team working at home, we've had to get a new computer to act as the main server, so it can be always on and handling all the project changes.

I'm having trouble with the setup, what I want to do is to copy the current asset server project into the new computer, and then make it the new localhost for future project changes (so it saves us all the headache that would involve starting a new server project from scratch). However, every time I enter the Administration tools and hit "Copy Project", Unity generates a copy in the same computer, but I can't find how to copy it to another PC in our local network.

Is there a way I can do this?

2. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

Turns out, solution was in plain sight, as noted by @MathieuBarbier:

"You can make an extract of all the project you currently have on your asset server by using the backup feature of the Unity asset server: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SettinguptheAssetServer.html

Once you have done that you can import all your project to a new asset server by using the restore backup function on your new computer."