Search Unity

Asset Bundle Training Question

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by burgemarkh, May 1, 2015.

1. burgemarkh

burgemarkh

Hello all! I recently watched the Asset Bundle session by Mike Geig and I had a question. Mike kept saying that asset bundles can't contain scripts. This makes sense because the code would need to be compiled to run and you can't compile at runtime on mobile devices. But, when Mike put the scene in an asset bundle all the behavior worked when it was loaded. Did the scene not have any scripts? Wouldn't that make it a pretty unusual scene? Does this mean that you have to separate out all the assets that you need for your scene with scripts and put them in separate bundles?
    I appreciate any help you could offer,
    Mark

2. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

3. burgemarkh

burgemarkh

Thanks, but I read that post and it doesn't address my question. I am not requesting the training, I watched the training and have a question from it.

Like I said, the training said that asset bundles can't contain scripts. There is a section in the documentation that talks about this, but it is unclear to me what to do with prefabs and scenes that have scripts on them and I want to bundle the assets that I can from them.