Search Unity

Artist Scammer Warning - Smiljan Peckjack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frankcefalu, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankcefalu

frankcefalu

Since Unity now prevents me from posting on work forums, on posts of other users. I must post this here. This sort of stuff needs exposing and I want everyone to be warned to save you thousands. Also Unity, take note the illegal acquisition of your assets by him.

Smiljan recently did work for us. Ignoring the difficulties of working with him from a Client perspective. AKA Yelling at you. Here is his ad post.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/aa...ng-for-remote-freelance-fulltime-work.322679/

I have found out recently from someone else something really disturbing. Smiljan is taking and stealing assets from other sources, and charging you for their creation. After this, It prompted my own search and finding disturbing facts.

So you'd think that would be bad enough. Charging you for modeling work he isn't doing, and texturing work he is just downloading. But it gets worse. During his employment at many companies, he may not have access to software. So the parent company grants him access to company owned licenses. These licenses as you know are activated by x amount of users. If this number runs out, alot of companies charge you to increase your enterprise capacity.He has shared these sort of keys on forums for use by others. WHILE this may be ok for the lay man. It is beyond disturbing as a company owner who puts trust in a resource.

Also, you'd think since he is making all the money off of assets he isn't making, he would at least buy them? No, He has also taken to pirating assets as well he gets through illegal means. He also shares the assets from your project on networks. So if you value any of your work DON'T hire him.

This man has no right to be working in this industry. He charged us thousands for materials he never created, and shows he is not honest. If you want your work to have integrity, and want to be able to rely on a resource, this is not the guy. He also talks badly about all his former customers like a drunk sailor. Just all in all. Not good news guys.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

theANMATOR2b and Eric-Darkomen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.