Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ardalon

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MarkFowler, Apr 7, 2015.

1. MarkFowler

MarkFowler

For years I have been trying to make a game, and finally I have a beta version of my arcade shooter called Ardalon. What I have is a pretty solid game now, and will add more features such as enemy types and power-ups and different bosses.

Premise:
    You are part of a fringe human settlement in deep space. Your starbase has encountered the Ardalon, a xenophobic race bent on galactic purification. They have made it their mission to wipe you from the sector. It is up to you to defend the starbase with your one cannon.

Controls:
    Space - Fire
    Right and Left Arrows - Rotate cannon.
    Up Arrow - EM Pulse that stuns all enemies for a few seconds, but draws a lot of power.
    Down Arrow - Slow the cannon for finer aiming.
    Left Control - Dump an extra cannon, if your power is dropping too fast.

Features:
    The levels and waves are all generated by code, so no two games will ever be the same. The level determines how difficult it will be to beat it, affecting enemy speed, spawn times, enemy shot speed, your base's energy regeneration speed and so on.

Power ups drop in the game off enemies, adding health to your base, power regeneration and more.

The game will save your progress if you quit, and you can pick up where you left off. I need your help in finding bugs in the game. Please send me any information on bugs or problems you have. I am also open to suggestions for making the game better.

An extra life (base) is added every 1000 points (I hope) and on the first wave of every 5th level you get to deal with progressively tougher battleships in an epic battle for survival.

The game never ends, ever. Its a survival game against an unrelenting foe. How far can you make it?

Credits:
    I did all the AI, controls and game logic. The sounds, explosions and music came from the asset store. I also did all the models in Blender.

Download:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02428950027826934918

Known Bugs:
    - On pause, some enemies don't stop fully and drift.

theANMATOR2b likes this.