Search Unity

ArchVizPRO Interior Vol.2 Preview

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ArchVizPRO, Nov 28, 2015.

1. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO Interior Vol.2 Preview

(EDIT: Asset is now released !)
    Asset store
    Forum release thread

Hello all
    Just want to share a preview of my upcoming interior (ArchVizPRO Interior Vol.2). Actually it is in approval status.
    It uses Precomputed Realtime GI and Directional Specular, and you can switch from different environments in realtime. Also you can turn on/off lights by clicking them.

Standalone (Win):
    https://mega.nz/#!GNARkIgK!4z2pJkYb47WgCyiDs760zPW8ItIBNmGYAhuX-jz7Hmg

And some screenshot:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. Cascho01

Cascho01

Your work is extraordinary. I think everyone wants to explore the scene in realtime beyond static perspectives , any chance...?

3. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Thank you so much.
    A walktrough is in the todo list.
    Stay tuned :D

4. TwiiK

TwiiK

Wow, no way. Now I regret buying Vol. 1. :D

I was a bit surprised there was no directional light in Vol. 1. So it is kind of hard to change the mood or time of day in that scene. I'm really looking forward to this one. This is easily one of the best scenes I've seen in Unity.

And the best part is you're using the default Unity image effects. So anyone buying this can instantly make it look better by using better image effects from the asset store.

ArchVizPRO likes this.
  5. Detniess

Detniess

It's so much fun to explore these fantastic Unity models which has been released the last couple of weeks :) Great job @Argenzio

6. kenshin

kenshin

Great job! :)

7. shwa

shwa

It's very beautiful.

has this been submitted to the asset store?

Any chance for an OSX demo download?
    Would love to try it out.

- shwa

8. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

9. TwiiK

TwiiK

Looks amazing.
    You should probably write what you used them for as well so people don't have to wonder? I'm guessing the carpet. :p

No video for this one? I feel like that would help with sales. And it would look awesome. :D

10. shwa

shwa

Great that it's available now. I'm running Unity 5.2.2 Mac OSX.

1. On the asset store it says requires 5.2.3. Will this import into 5.2.2?
    If not, i'll download 5.3. Will this work with 5.3?

2. Can one walk up the stairs to the higher level?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  11. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Yes, it is fully Unity 5.3 compatibile.

At the moment there is no a walkthrough implementation, but the room is 100% modeled in detail, so you can fully expore it.

12. shwa

shwa

Was able to bring it into 5.2.2.

Looks Great!

In fact, this vol 2 and your volume 1 have changed the way i view the potential of Unity 5.
    Wow.

I built an OSX standalone for my macbook pro 2011. It's 1.09 gigs.
    It looks great, but it's sluggish/slow/stutters.

Are the lights already baked in the asset we buy?
    If yes, are they AVP_LOW?

If they aren't already baked, would baking them as Low or High improve the FPS?

What other ways can one improve the frame rate?

Are their methods to reduce the final build size, as 1.09 gigs is quite large.
    I'll guess, reduce the texture sizes, but will that make a big difference?

Yes, i just asked alot of questions.
    I'll guess there are other developers and artists that might have the same questions.

You may want to add a more comprehensive faq or instructions in the asset download, or on your website.

Thanks!

shwa

13. TwiiK

TwiiK

@shwa

The lights are not baked. They are using precomputed realtime GI as noted in the asset description. If you make no changes to the lights at runtime I think this should be fairly inexpensive performance wise, but you can try using baked GI instead if you want. You'll lose the ability to switch lighting setups at runtime though. I don't know what AVP_LOW means.

I suspect image effects to be the main cause of low framerate in this scene. In volume 1 I went from 70 fps to 2000 fps turning off all the image effects, and the planar reflections on the floor. This of course depends on your system. You may be bottlenecked in other places. Experiment and see. Learn to use the Profiler (http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Profiler.html)

Textures are probably one of the main reasons why the build size is fairly large. You can however see exactly what goes into the build by looking at the build log (http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ReducingFilesize.html)

I'm curious. Why did you buy this asset? You don't seem very familiar with Unity. All these answers can be found in the Unity manual or through basic knowledge of Unity. I don't mean to be rude, I'm just interested in hearing what your goals or intentions are with this asset as I'm considering making some assets myself in the near future. :p

14. shwa

shwa

Thanks for your tips, Twiik, much appreciated!

Twiik: I'm curious. Why did you buy this asset?

I bought the asset because the screenshots and video looked fantastic and groundbreaking, compared to alot of other assets i've seen and bought on the asset store.

Twiik: You don't seem very familiar with Unity.

There are alot of things i don't know about Unity.

There are some things i do know about Unity, realtime interactive 3d and VR, including some ideas around their massive implications for entertainment, education, society, health and business.

Technical skills are very important.
    However, they are one of a group of important skillsets and sensibilities that comprise the complex and expanding ecosystem that Unity is part of.

15. TwiiK

TwiiK

Heh, I agree with you there. I bought volume 1 just because it looked so fantastic. Volume 2 looks mind blowing.

Anyway, the fastest way to get a feel for what affects performance is to run the scene in the editor with the Profiler running (and the stats window open if you just want some quick performance numbers). Then you can select the active camera in the hierarchy and turn on/off each individual image effect on there. This will give you an idea of what they contribute towards the final image and you'll see how they affect performance as well. Then you can start fine tuning the settings of each image effect.

You can check things like shadow distance, shadow quality etc. in the quality settings as well to see how they affect performance. And lastly you can try turning off objects in the scene to see if that affects performance. But that will probably cause the lighting to have to be computed again which may take a while. You can also reduce the texture size globally in the quality settings to see if that impacts performance.

And if Argenzio is using planar reflections in this scene like in Volume 1 that's a major performance hit. But I haven't bought this asset yet so I don't know.

16. shwa

shwa

Thanks for that info, Twiik. Much appreciated.

Only diid a fast drive by thru vol 1, and was enthralled.
    It was more taxing on my macbook pro than vol 2.

Vol 2, and it's lighting change buttons, and different feel of the space, i found to be very captivating.
    Frankly, and as i wrote before, vol 1 and vol 2 opened my eyes to a side of Unity 5 that i didn' t know existed.

17. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Thanks shwa, Twiik and all !
    Your compliments are the best reward.
    About shwa questions TwiiK couldn't have answered you better.

For PERFORMANCE disable image effect.
    In order disable: Vignette, Noise and grain, Depth Of Field, Bloom, Screen Space Occlusion, Color Correction, Tonemapping, Antialias

About LIGHT yes it is Realtime Precomputed, and the defaul settings is AVP_LOW.
    I am not sure that reduce quality will brings up performances.

TEXTURES are high resolution and as you can see the build is very big.
    You can safely reduce half size on most of them.

Thank you for your support

18. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

And thank you Twiik for the video advice, i am making it !

19. opticmaster

opticmaster

Looks fantastic!