Search Unity

Archer Dash - Android, iOS - BETA

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by RedSuinit, Dec 16, 2014.

?

Interested in the beta?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

Guys / Gals,

My name is Lucas Tinius, founder of Gray Giant Games, together with my two brothers, Josh and Nathan we are closing in on launching our first game. This is out first dip in the pool of app and game development, but we know we have the creativity and the skill to get you engaged and deliver games and products that you will love. We are launching the beta of Archer Dash so that we can get it ready for public release on both iOS and Android devices by the end of the year! Archer Dash is an infinite running game where you play as Archer Dashing. A young man who has been set on a mission to run. He knows not why he runs, or where he is running too, he just knows that he must RUN. Join us and get an early look at our game, and spread the word on how awesome it is and that everyone should be on the lookout for Gray Giant Games! If you are interested in being in the beta, send me an email at lucas.tinius.graygiantgames@gmail.com, or if you are on Aandroid, join the Beta Testers Group here to get in on the Android Beta test! For iOS you will need to download TestFlight and I'll have to send you and invite using your email address. I would like to add your email address to the beta testers lists on itunesconnection or the google developers console as beta testers so that you will be able to login through Game Center and Google Play for the leaderboards. Help us get this awesome and addicting game ready for release! We appreciate each and every one of you that would take time to help us on this.

Some of you may remember me from the In Elementum project . This is the mobile game I mentioned then that I wanted to get released this December. Not too shabby eh? I said December, and guess what, it's December! XD

Thanks again to each of you that took time to check out this project. Looking forward to any comments/feedback on what's in this thread and on the beta if any of you are interested.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

One thing I forgot to mention. Part of what we are beta testing is our leaderboards, and that is why I need email addresses to add to the beta testers lists on itunesconnect and the developers console, so that you guys can login to the game and upload scores to the leaderboard. I updated the first post to reflect that information.

Also look for a video to be coming up in the next day or so.

Thanks for reading everyone! Appreciate you taking time to check out our project!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  3. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

Join the Beta Testers Group here to get in on the Android Beta test!

For iOS you will need to download TestFlight and I'll have to send you and invite using your email address.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  4. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

I have received interest from one person so far. I realize this is largely a development site, so I'm not surprised by this, but does anyone have any questions about the game? Or does anyone know of another way to distribute the game for beta testing outside of the methods I have listed? iOS seems next to impossible outside of itunes connect. The only other way I know of is to register devices individually.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

Does anyone know how long it takes for Apple to review an app for beta? It's been two days already. Whereas with android It's good to go.

6. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  7. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

Is there really no one interested in trying this game? What could I do to get more interest?

8. FreeTimeDev

FreeTimeDev

I joined the group and played the game. I left my comments in the desired bug report post. Here's a free bump for all of your efforts on the game.

For everyone else: the game has some work to be done, but they've done well with the basic game play. Critical components like run speed, jumping, and sliding all felt pretty good.

9. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

Thank you for your comments and for reporting the bugs that you found! We appreciate the fact that you took time to play our beta!

10. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

11. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

The latest build that I posted last night has a memory leak issue. When first starting up you'll notice that the sound starts stops and repeats while loading the main menu, and after dying a few times and the first interstitial ad pops up the app will start to lag, especially after the ad pops a second time. This will be remedied in the build that I post tonight. My utmost appreciation to FreeTimeDev for his testing and bug reporting. Anyone else who is interested please look forward to tonight's build.

-Gray Giant Games

12. FreeTimeDev

FreeTimeDev

I usually avoid runner games because I find them boring but doing some free QA for your app doesn't feel like work. I know when I email you I might sound critical but I guess that's the nature of the beast. At any rate, I'm easier going than the actual reviewers when it comes time. I've received a two star review for my app because he didn't read the (short) tutorial, and my app doesn't work with a galaxy SPen. Reviews like that only show me I still have a ways to go to make my app more friendly and I hope my comments don't make you sour.

Still looking forward to that update! ;)

13. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

Absolutely not! Feedback like that, especially critical feedback, is what helps apps have successful launches! Especially when it comes to a game like this one. I need to know what works, what doesn't and what can be improved. I value critical feedback more than nice words, because that will help me be better, so thank you for all your comments. If I had an android device I would download your app and let you know what I thought, but alas.

Started working on some extra elements to give more life to the screen, so far only one is complete and that is a butterfly that will fly up and down as you run past it. Will be adding elements like this for the next few nights hopefully, just getting one step closer at a time.

Latest update has been released!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GrayGiantGames.ArcherDash

14. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

I'm just gonna throw out there that developing for iOS is irritating. You can't setup a beta without getting your app reviewed (a process which takes DAYS, and in terms of alpha/beta testing that's a long time) and now itunes connect is down until the 29th. You also can't download your app to any devices without registering them with your developer account (unless you are going through itunes connect and the testflight app), and even then you have to send the entire xcode project to someone. It's not like with Android where you can just upload your apk to the developer console and all of those who have opted in get a notification, and they can download it immediately to begin testing. I didn't realize that Apple had such a ridiculous process for development. I guess it help keeps crap off of the store to a certain degree, but definitely not completely.

Anyways, I finally figured out why the Android leaderboard has been having issues. It will be working and fully operational on tonights build, along with a new leaderboard for runs that don't use the power-ups. Keep sending those comments whether critical or complimentary, I want to launch a game that people will want to play. Also keep reporting bugs! For everyone else, please consider joining the Beta Testers Group, download the game, and leave your feedback!

Thanks everyone!

-Gray Giant Games

15. FreeTimeDev

FreeTimeDev

The $100 dollar entrance fee at the door keeps the rabble out. (And me, though I've been considering porting my app over to iOS).

I've always hated apple and these are only some of the reasons. I look forward to seeing the leader board and seeing how well I do! Maybe if I ever implement the google play services I'll have an expert to talk to =)

16. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

Tonights build is up!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GrayGiantGames.ArcherDash

You can only see the app in the store if you have joined the group and opted into the beta. There is no production APK uploaded, it's still in beta phase only.

Update:
    Android leaderboard should be fixed.
    Game will now show a different highscore depending on whether or not you used any power-ups.
    There is also a second leaderboard for scores that were set using no power-ups!

17. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

18. RedSuinit

RedSuinit

19. RedSuinit

RedSuinit