Search Unity

Arch Viz Guide

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by HAWK12HT, Jan 18, 2016.

1. HAWK12HT

HAWK12HT

Hey hi everyone, so been trying to learn lighting workflow of Unity. Finally have something to share with community please feel free to give feedback, cheers.

Will be posting the full workflow guide. Used Directional Specular mode with real time resolution of 1 and baked resolution of 30. Had to do some custom lightmap parameters to get these results.
    Its done on laptop haha so on PC quality can be increased a lot though my intention was to keep real time resolution to minimum while getting cool results.

Total 12 assets with 3 uv unwraps each (uv 0 albedo, uv1 lightmap and uv2 realtime lightmap), for PBR materials I used textures from Camoflaj, Viking Village demo and Shader callibration scene.

theANMATOR2b and Detniess like this.
  2. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

On a laptop? That's got to be a record. :p Anyway, looking good up there, the shot with the DOF effect (Does it have DOF? :D) could do with a bit of work though. (Looks more like someone smeared the pole, tbh... :D)

3. HAWK12HT

HAWK12HT

Thank you, yup using DOF. Cool I might do a bit of more work on materials and effects when I get time however that is secondary, need to finish a wee guide explaining my process and understand more about Enlighten. Folks on GI forums will find it somewhat helpful :D

4. Hexaedre

Hexaedre

Hi,

This is potentially an interesting thread.
    Why are you using 3 UV unwrap ? What is the difference betweeen the one you made for the baked GI and the one for the realtime GI ?

5. HAWK12HT

HAWK12HT

Hi Hexaedre, Well there is no difference at all between UV2 bake and UV3 realtime as per documents UV3 is auto generated during precompute. However since enlighten packs the uvs in a certain way after bake it might cause mismatch issues between realtime and baked uvs in charts causing errors ( Its just my gut feeling, I could be wrong. Given the long list of errors people are having particularly during lighting stage I decided to author my own realtime uvs too) Besides its not too much work I just duplicate the same UV2 into UV3.