Search Unity

Apply nature/terrain standard shader to mountain mesh?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Mant1k0re, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Mant1k0re

Mant1k0re

I created a couple mountain meshes with world machine and then imported them to Unity 5, but I can't figure how to use terrain shader with it. If I create a new material with said shader no texture slots show, if I had a terrain component no dice either, I cannot trick Unity into thinking my mesh is a terrain. Is there a solution for this?

I could use standard and a detail map but I would be limited to 2 textures and I would like to use at least 3... And I have that nice splat map exported from WM that I would like to use as well :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

2. Mant1k0re

Mant1k0re

Anyone? Should I just be looking into creating a custom shader with splatmap support or?

3. echo4papa

echo4papa

4. Mant1k0re

Mant1k0re

Hey, thanks for your answer!

I know how to create actual terrain from a raw file exported from WM - here what I did is different as I masked part of my terrain in WM to isolate a mountain, and exported a mesh directly. I want to use it as sort of a giant prop, if you will, so I don't want to make it a terrain mesh.

From what you're saying there's no way to use Unity terrain shader on anything else than actual terrain, so I guess I' m off to find a custom shader instead.

If I find an answer to my issue I will post it here.

5. echo4papa

echo4papa

Custom splay map shaders are easy to come by.