Search Unity

Apocalyptic City 3 Sci-Fi Coming soon

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Tlc indie, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Tlc indie

Tlc indie

NEW SCREENS AND UPDATE!!!!
    Also
    NEW COMP!!!!
    Best idea to improve the asset will receive a Unity voucher code for this asset :)

Hi Forum

This will be our last Apocalyptic asset so we will be making it like no other.
    We have chosen to start with roads and road props this time and have provided a few screens below.

This asset will contain

• Road systems and Road props
    • Carnival / Theme Park
    • Playground props
    • Country side Props
    • Cars
    • A huge selection of modular Buildings with interiors
    • Plus Much More
    As this asset is set to be our biggest asset yet it may be a wile before release so feel free to give any ideas.
    We will try and get this asset done just before Xmas

Our Winter Sale

Feel free to head over to www.sinistergames.co.uk for huge savings
    Up To 60% OFF

Sinister PBS Added

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    John-G likes this.
  2. Angeal78

Angeal78

OMG Please please, Do a big theme park whit Rollercoasters, Haunted Houses etc... I just want a Big abandoned Theme Park... BTW when are you going to release the underground assets?

3. hopeful

hopeful

Are Sci-Fi Underworld 2 and Rundown Subway part of this? Or is this building upon the assets in Apoc 2?

4. Tlc indie

Tlc indie

I will add a modular roller-coaster to the asset and main theme park assets such as bumper cars and so on.

The underground asset is still a work in progress as we are using the voxel method for modelling the asset it we still be a while before release though

Sci-Fi Underworld 2 will be released upon the Official release of unity 5 along with the Gothic environment Pack

Apocalyptic city 3 is an entirely new asset with brand new models and Physically Based Shading in unity 4

hopeful likes this.
  5. Tlc indie

Tlc indie

Hey Forum

Sorry for the late update on this we have been soooooo busy lately working alongside Reallusion
    and improving our PBS system for unity 4 Head to the link below for more info on that
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/sinister-pbs-ready-for-release-preview.284251/#post-1876620

But before you do here is an update

We have combined Sci-Fi Underworld 2 and Apocalyptic city 3 to start creating the ultimate
    Apocalyptic Sci-Fi City

We have also been working on some high quality low poly vehicles and awesome vegetation
    to bring the environment to life

Let us know what you think and what you think we could add
    Theme Park Coming up ;)

Defcon44 likes this.
  6. hopeful

hopeful

I know you have had a zombie / biohazard theme going with your apocalypses, but maybe with the theme park and scifi underworld there could be some sort of scary clown / carnival influence and/or scary retro space alien / robot stuff. In terms of visuals, maybe there could be a flying saucer crashed in an urban area, craters from aerial bombardment, and clown faces and rocket themes for some of the amusement park rides (like House of Horrors, Space Carousel, etc.).

I wouldn't want to make AC3 so different from the earlier sets, but - on the other hand - a little variety should be fine. The carnival / clown theme could fit in a bit with the ruined carnival scene in the earlier pack, and alien influence could be another possible cause for biohazard / zombie situations, like maybe an alien nanovirus gets loose.

7. Tlc indie

Tlc indie

Good idea even if we give the option for that type of bio-hazard could work well

8. LaneFox

LaneFox

If you were curious for some improvement ideas, some various skyboxes would really flare up the style here and post-apoc holds a lot of possibilities there. I also don't see any dead trees, they would probably help add variety to the kit. If you haven't thought about Wind zones, supporting relevant vegetation and props with vertex weights for wind zones really helps add a lot of character to scenes.

Razorwire fencing has a fairly classic appearance in post-apoc scenes as well. Plenty of debris and trash pile blobs that can be generically placed in levels are handy to have around. Check out how The Last Of Us uses them all over the place, they can really dense up those empty room corners. Flat groups of brown leaf patches and stuff that could add variety to the grounds maybe.

A nice little design feature would be if the vehicles had separate subobjects to the extent that you could rotate wheels and things for a little bit more variety. Like the motorcycle forks/handlebar/wheel for example.

Overall it looks really quite good so far, kudos on taking the time to make quality assets.

9. Angeal78

Angeal78

Some ideas for the assets.

In the Theme Park you can add modular attractions like a horror house whit some modular hallways etc... For the user can create the level like they want, some food stall, and decoration from a theme park like poster of shows or something like that. Bathrooms every theme park have their own, a big entrance (modular) to the park whit some big sign and (where you buy the tickets i dont know the word in english sorry), control room whit monitors, maybe and abandoned function site where they made espectacles. And i think some very very different decals would be awesome other assets only have 3 or 4 and its very repetitive.

For the playground you can add some dead trees, swings, toys of childrens, modular grass labyrinth would be awesome, rusty fences.

For the country side unlike of the city some old houses whit old stuff, old furnitures, ranch, farms...
    Every asset in unity store have the same cars, maybe some differents cars would be better like bus, taxi, ambulance, normal cars but different models, sports cars, sedans etc... Garbage truck, trucks in general, and as the previous post says every car need to have different parts you can rotate move etc...

Roads of diferent types like cracked road, speedway, parking lots, sand road, advertisings billboards, bridges and tunnels etc... Whit Parkings lots i mean the entrance to the park can have a big parking whit few wrecked cars.

And the interiors, this is the best part for me every interior in every asset of Unity Store for me seems prety "dead" empty, need some props like food, tv`s, many furnitures, store props like clothes, benchs, shelves, cash registers, maybe office stuff, tables (i dont know how to say te cubicles where the people work), pc`s... Some bar props, bar counters, shopping mall, Parkings a building not only parking lots in the street like the park, museums (that can be easy made) i mean its easy a big modular building whit some painting where you can change the texture and some statues, cinemas, Schools, cranes... Variety not only the same building and houses.

And other different ideas, an airport whit old planes or a plane crash i mean its a post apocaliptic world you can see a plane crashed in the city or the mountains, skycrapers whit open interiors (modulars) then you can create the interior or old skycrapers just for decoration.

I hope this helps i try my best and sorry for my bad english

10. Tlc indie

Tlc indie

All the vegetation within this asset supports wind zones but the sky box idea and dead trees idea are good and we'll be sure to do that

WE will create details like bricks and rubble and all things Apocalyptic and add them to the asset :)

Overall it looks really quite good so far, kudos on taking the time to make quality assets.[/QUOTE]

We will separate the car wheels and bike forks

There is allot of interesting stuff in these ideas some of them we will do but not sure if it would be possible to do all of it and keep the open world performance il keep you informed about what we add from here :)

11. Angeal78

Angeal78

Another little idea the assets can be used for Natural Disasters, i mean whit some particles of dust and a grey skybox you can simulate a big earthquake, "red" sky and camera distortion big hot in some zones etc... Only need a few particles and skyboxes for that.

12. Angeal78

Angeal78

Any news about this pack?

13. mben

mben

A subway entrance would be nice

14. Defcon44

Defcon44

Any news ?