Search Unity

Any good native Unity GUI skins? Dont wanne buy NGUI because of upcomming Unity v5

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Patrick234, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Patrick234

Patrick234

Are there any good native Unity GUI skins?

Dont wanne buy NGUI because of upcomming Unity v5

Tbh i been looking at the asset store and think i found 2 free ones, the rest is payed and most are for NGUI alone (or other).

Im looking for a simple solution that i can "reskin".

But im new so i have no idea how to go about this, currently stuck with using the (not so good) Unity skin.

Thanks!

2. GeneBox

GeneBox

Hm, native... Native comes with 4.6

Also, why is this in the Showcase forum?

3. Patrick234

Patrick234

Good question. Must have overlooked it or misclicked... maybe someone can move this to the right place?

Im not sure about 4.6? Thats just an update/overhaul. We can already make UI with 4.X

4. GeneBox

GeneBox

Oh wait, my bad, I misunderstood. Anyways 4.6 will have a better native GUI, that's what I was trying to say.

As far as skins go - no clue, honestly (been using NGUI for pretty much everything and sometimes native GUI for small things which never required any reskinning (if that's even a word) ). Sorry.

5. Patrick234

Patrick234

Hmm... should i get NGUI? or is it better to wait for 4.6? I was told the latter, because the 4.6 does everything (and better) what NGUI does.

6. GeneBox

GeneBox

Hard to say really, if you can - wait for the 4.6. If you can't wait then get it.

7. TonyLi

TonyLi

There's a whole section in the Asset Store for GUI Skins, many of which are free or only $2 USD. Bunt Games has some free mobile cartoon skins, and Necromancer GUI is popular for fantasy games. Once you have the textures, you should be able to use them for 4.6's new GUI system, too.

GeneBox likes this.
  8. Patrick234

Patrick234

Alright, i made a bunch of buttons like this. I will give it a go and post the results.

upload_2014-7-24_16-27-57.png

crunchyoverseas and GeneBox like this.
  9. Patrick234

Patrick234

Hmm i fail hard at the UI. i went with Keyboard buttons :( I just dont know how to go about it.

Can someone from Unity send me a tutorial on their GUI system?