Search Unity

Any Asset / (easy script?) to make obj. allign fast?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Trickzbunny, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Trickzbunny

Trickzbunny

Hey there!

Was looking for some way to make different gameobjects align easily in 3D, instead of me staring at a fraction of 1-2 pixels to get it in the right spot.
    If i had 2 walls, that have different measurements and are just annoying to align up (i hope u know what i mean).
    Something that would "automatically" do it ?

Same as if I have a big terrain or just a floor, and drop an object (barrel) in it, 5 to high, anything i can do so it "drops" it down to be exactly on the floor?

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  2. matthew798

matthew798

From the unity guide:

Vertex Snapping
    You can assemble your worlds more easily with a feature called Vertex Snapping. This feature is a really simple but powerful tool in Unity. It lets you take any vertex from a given mesh and with your mouse place that vertex in the same position as any vertex from any other mesh you choose.

With this you can assemble your worlds really fast. For example, you could align road sections precisely in a racing game or position power up items at the vertices of a mesh.

Using vertex snapping in Unity is simple. Just follow these steps:

• Select the mesh you want to manipulate and make sure the Transform Tool is active.
    • Press and hold the V key to activate the vertex snapping mode.
    • Move your cursor over the vertex on your mesh that you want to use as the pivot point.
    • Hold down the left button once your cursor is over the desired vertex and drag your mesh next to any other vertex on another mesh.
    • Release your mouse button and the V key when you are happy with the results.
    • Shift-V acts as a toggle of this functionality.
    • You can snap vertex to vertex, vertex to surface and pivot to vertex.

Trickzbunny likes this.
  3. Trickzbunny

Trickzbunny

Thank you sooooo much ! This is amazing! :D