Search Unity

Animation View not working?

Discussion in '2D' started by Nuschk, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Nuschk

Nuschk

Hi all

Noob, here! I'm working through the 2D animation tutorial over here: http://www.raywenderlich.com/66345/unity-2d-tutorial-animations and fail to drag the zombie sprites to the animation view, because unity wouldn't allow it. The mouse cursos just turns into a stop sign instead of a plus... On top of that, my animation view does look different than what is shown in the tutorial, as it's lacking the "Add curve" button.

Even if I try to load the finished project from the tutorial, I'm unable to use display anything on the animation tab. It somehow seems disable all the time.

What am I doing wrong here? Is it because I'm using the free version?

Also, is it normal for unity to consume 50% CPU all the time?

Thanks a billion!
    Bernhard

2. Punchbag

Punchbag

Hiya, quick responses:
    • The issue you're having won't be because its the free version. I use the animation tool all the time in the free version!
    • 50% CPU depends on your CPU, but doesn't sound unreasonable.
    • Dragging the keyframe on is something I haven't done myself (I usually create the anims a different way), but;
    • Make sure that you're in the Animation view, not the Animator view!
    • Make sure that your zombie is selected in the project hierarchy, so Unity knows you're editing the Zombie's animations.
    That should be all there is to it, but let me know if that doesn't help (with a screenshot!).