Search Unity

Animation Baker \ Animation Baker Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by _Silent_, Jun 1, 2014.

1. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi,

If you talking about baking result of retargeting from non-humanoid skeletons (i.e. from Generic rig) then this is impossible, because AB uses Mecanim retargeting functionality. Such purposes requires development of some universal retargeting system.

2. berserk77

berserk77

Baked at 60 frames had the capacity is too large
    How can one reduce the dose?

3. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi,

To reduce number of samples for clips use "Samples" field of main menu of AB and due to your message i found that this works incorrect, probably that's why you asking this. This issue appeared somewhere between versions and now it's fixed. As usual, if you don't want to wait until new version come into AssetStore, you can send me your invoice number onto devshut@gmail.com and i'll send it to you.

Thanks again for your message.

4. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Hi - I am just checking if the latest version is on the asset store right now?.

I just purchased Animation Baker and Scene capture and I was going to check them out.
    I want to make sure I am using the latest version of both assets to reduce the probability of any hiccups.

Thanks

5. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi, yes, SMC v 1.11 works with all versions of AB from v 1.52 and higher(including 1.59).

6. ZJP

ZJP

Hi Silent,

Can you add a prefix for the name of recorded animations?
    For example, i use some animations at 60fps and 30fps for the same character. I would like the opportunity to name (automatically) the files RBT60_xxxx and RBT30_xxxx (xxx = idle, run or walk etc..- the original names of these animations- ).

Thanks.

Edit :

Something like this :

In AnimationBakerWindow.cs
    Code (csharp):
    2. public int sampleRate = 60;
    3. public string PREFIX = "";
    4. .
    5. .
    6. .
    7. sampleRate = EditorGUILayout.IntField("Samples", sampleRate);
    8. PREFIX = EditorGUILayout.TextField("Prefix of recorded names", PREFIX );
    9. .
    10. .
    11. baker.samples = sampleRate;
    12. baker.prefixName = PREFIX;

In AnimationBaker.cs
    Code (csharp):
    2. public string prefixName = "";
    3. public int samples = 60;
    4. .
    5. .
    6. UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.CreateAsset(uAnimClip, newAnimationFileFolderPath + prefixName + uAnimClip.name + ".anim");
    7. .
    8. .
    9. Debug.Log ("animation file was created:" + prefixName + uAnimClip.name + ".anim");

And thanks again for this incredible tool. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  7. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi, thank you). I see you done it yourself ). I also made changes that you talking about, but with little differences . Prefix could consist of name of the character or sample rate, or both. Anyway thanks for idea, because ability to give more informative names for clips is always useful. And if you need updated version just contact me through email.

Good luck).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  8. ZJP

ZJP

Yes, but better if it's official. :p

Great. More options = more useful. :cool:

You're welcome. ;)

No pb. I can wait for the Asset Store release.

Thanks. :)

_Silent_ likes this.
  9. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

This asset is well worth the low price it actually works 100% I converted the mixamo zombie character pack that is $150 to make them work with realistic fps prefab and it works wonders. Thanks for a great asset. It only took me 5 mins to do this.

_Silent_ likes this.
  10. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi !

Thanck you for this great asset !

I have convert some anim and that work awesome !

But i have a probleme, I noticed one concerns with certain animations which are bound has a character :

My character is " humanoid " and the animations are " legacy ", concerns is that UNITY crash when I want to convert the animations for my character when it is in LEGACY.

And when he is humanoid I arrive has to convert the animations of the other character but her are not read that me and made his :

Are you a solution please ?

Thanks

11. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi, thank you !

Animation Baker uses Mecanim retargeting functionality, retargeting in Mecanim available only for humanoid rig. I.e. to make retargeting through Mecanim you have to set "Humanoid" type for the character's rig as well as for animation *.fbx file, legacy type can't be retargeted.

I see on the your picture that animation clips are a part of some *.fbx, so what prevents you to set humanoid rig for this?

12. kilik128

kilik128

about compression of animation result is possible to reduce key frame please ?

13. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi, just change value of the field "Samples" in the main menu of AB.

14. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hey,

All work's good now thanks :D

15. cjrussel14

cjrussel14

i have a generic animation but it is a human animation one, can i still bake it?

16. _Silent_

_Silent_

If you have animation stored in *.fbx file that has a Generic type of the rig and in same time animation actually is humanoid, then - yes, you can retarget it. You just have to set Humanoid rig also for your animation file instead of Generic. See posts number 60,61 above.

17. cjrussel14

cjrussel14

that's the problem,when i set it to humanoid, the animation is messed up . it only play well when i set it to generic

18. _Silent_

_Silent_

Send me example of the animation file to devshut@gmail.com, if you can. I'll take a look at this.

19. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hello,
    I have a big probleme with animation baker.

New Model = Humanoid

Animation want to dump = humanoid

But i clic on " start " and unity freeze.

I have this on my log :

(Filename: Assets/AnimationBaker/Core/BINS.cs Line: 85)

Can't find file:Assets/AnimationBaker/Core/Preferences/preferences.aprf

I have re imported the package but ... i don't have this file :/

Edit :

Probleme resolve .

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  20. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi !

You shouldn't worry about that log, because preferences file used only for loading of your animation clips and characters into AB window when its started.
    So if all desired content is inside AB window - everything is fine. For example, if you added some clips and models into window, and then close AB and confirm saving of preferences - in this case this content would be loaded in the next opening of AB.
    If you delete this file from preferences folder then this will just disable auto loading of your content into window, that's it. So the reason of your problem hides in another place.

In order to understand what it can be i need some info from you, such as:

- When you press button "Start recording" all desired content is placed inside AB window?
    - AB progress bar shows some progress before freeze? Or it's freeze directly after pressing button?
    - Did AB worked for you in your current version of Unity? If so, does AB works for characters that you baked before, or it's always freeze for any characters?
    - Is there any other logs from AB before freeze?

Thanks in advance.

21. _Silent_

_Silent_

Oh, i see you already decided your problem?

22. Defcon44

Defcon44

Thank's for reply :)

But i have found the probleme (other game object in my scene)

23. ramona

ramona

When I try to drag a character or animation to the AnimationBaker window, it the disappears immediately and it is behind unity. I am using a Mac. In other words, there is no chance to put anything on the slots, I click outside the animationbaker window, it disappear immediately

24. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi,

Please do as follows:
    - Open AnimationBakerWindow.cs from Animation Baker\Core folder through MonoDevelop( or any other editor);

- Press Ctrl+F to start searching words, enter the string " void OnGUI()" without quotes into search field and find this line.

- Put this code directly under the line "void OnGUI(){";
    Code:
    if(aBWindow){
    aBWindow.Focus();
    }

You have to get something like that:

Try to do that, it should help.
    Please let me know if this resolves your problem or if doesn't.

25. 128bit

128bit

26. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi ! Sorry for late answer(

Such behaviour of animated character after baking taking place due to disabling of baking of properties of the root bone of the character's skeleton (it's disabled by default, because it's usefull for "on place" animations).

So in order to decide this problem you should do as follows:

- disable "Use root constraints" option (in this case AB will also bake root bone position & rotation changes);

picture n1:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qI4A05MZDHOGdwRXhSeXBQQ00/view?usp=sharing

- create dummy game object and put your character as its child inside it (put it in zero local position and rotation); This is necessary because after baking without root constraints root bone of the character will always getting position and rotation from animation clip in world coordinates, so you will not be able to move character due to that. So when you put your character inside dummy object - character will correctly chage its Y position of the falling as well as other coordinates and in same time you'll be able to move it in worldspace by moving its parent.

picture n2:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1qI4A05MZDHREZLNk9IQ3FuNG8

Oh, almost forgot - you should also check "positions" checkbox in the "baking options" section.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Justice0Juic3 likes this.
  27. HynnaD

HynnaD

Is there anyway to open up the newly made legacy animations inside 3ds max or any other 3d modelling program for editing after retargetting?

28. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi,

Animation Baker does not provide such functionality.
    Maybe in the asset store exist some tool for such purposes. But i didn't saw it by myself, so unfortunatelly i can't recommend anything to you. I remember that there was a utility for exporting to .collada.
    Try to search in this direction.

29. twobob

twobob

hmm I still get
    When I get to the animation preview stage?
    Any Clues?

upload_2015-8-28_9-25-28.png

I also tried Execution Mode A First...
    And Not marking as Legacy.

Do I need to go code diving?
    I would happily provison a test model

I also managed a

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AnimationBaker.ConvertDumpToUnityAnimationFile () (at Assets/AnimationBaker/Core/AnimationBaker.cs:400)
    AnimationBakerWindow.BakeDump () (at Assets/AnimationBaker/Core/Editor/AnimationBakerWindow.cs:549)
    AnimationBakerWindow.MainMenu_BakingOptionsArea () (at Assets/AnimationBaker/Core/Editor/AnimationBakerWindow.cs:528)
    AnimationBakerWindow.MainMenuArea () (at Assets/AnimationBaker/Core/Editor/AnimationBakerWindow.cs:372)
    AnimationBakerWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AnimationBaker/Core/Editor/AnimationBakerWindow.cs:169)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

I will go pore over the manual.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  30. FaberVi

FaberVi

How did you manage to solve the problem in the locked position animations "chicken"? My model is set as a humanoid but I can not in any way to create a legacy of animation mecanim. I'm using the maxi package free of Mixamo

31. Defcon44

Defcon44

I don't remember founded a solution :s

32. QuadMan

QuadMan

Hi, I'm having strange problem, When I only play mecanim animation.

Animation works fine, but when I bake animation with Animation baker:

How to fix this...?

33. dibdab

dibdab

the rig has to be generic or legacy with animationbaker .anim

(if it's not that, show settings)

34. QuadMan

QuadMan

35. dibdab

dibdab

so the exported animation is legacy.
    is your character's rig set to legacy?

it usually does this pose if the animation and the rig/skeleton are not compatible

36. QuadMan

QuadMan

Yes. rig is setted to legacy after baking animation.

37. kilik128

kilik128

Amazing Tool !

38. mentolatux

mentolatux

what is new on latest version ?

39. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi, here is changes list:

Update 1.6.5
    - "Clear" button added to animations list and characters list to clear respective list
    - Search field added to both lists. It helps quickly and easy find desired item in list by selecting it in the project view or by entering name directly into search field
    - Labels with animation names now are selectable, so if animation name is too long - it can be scrolled by selecting label's text

40. Nokaubure

Nokaubure

Not working for me, tried everything for hours but I can't get past the recording button.
    When I click record, the game starts but the model doesn't move. The animations work because when I assign an animation in the animator component it plays normally, however the record function doesn't play anything, and shows an error about AnimatorOverrideController. Tried with different models without success. My version is 5.5.2

41. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi Nokaubure,
    The rig of your character's model is set to humanoid ? And avatar definition is set to 'Create From This Model'?

42. Nokaubure

Nokaubure

Yes, I managed to fix the error... it was because I stored animation baker in a different folder (assets/zassets instead of assets) and the code uses absolute paths to find things, so it was my fault.
    I will write a review once I mess around with it a bit more.

43. ZJP

ZJP

Animation Baker Pro... :cool: When?.

44. _Silent_

_Silent_

Animation Baker Pro v1.1 released
    Animation Baker Pro provides packet conversion of humanoid animation clips into legacy or generic clips.
    I.e. you can retarget any humanoid animation onto any humanoid character and produce new animation clip native to character's skeleton.
    Pro version have immediate conversion function instead of realtime recording in free version of Animation Baker. Speed of conversion depends on power of your hardware so it is a lot faster and greatly saves the time. Also Pro version allows to create prefabs with characters and automatically adds created animation clips to it.
    Free assets already included.

Demo

12 customers who bought Animation Baker when it was paid - will get free vouchers for Animation Baker Pro. In order to get it just send me mail with your invoice number onto devshut@mail.ru

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  45. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi) Already in the store.

46. ZJP

ZJP

Ok Here : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/83620

I bought Animation Baker before he become free. But, i prefer bought the Pro without the voucher, because your works deserve this. ;)

_Silent_ likes this.
  47. _Silent_

_Silent_

ZJP likes this.
  48. Justice0Juic3

Justice0Juic3

Using Unity3D 5.5.6 and followed the tutorial step by step.
    Can't seem to get it work with any character-model. All I get is a weird crouch-like pose.:(

49. Justice0Juic3

Justice0Juic3

Just checked! I even did the exact same thing using that Robot Kyle model and still getting this weird pose when recording.

The character should be falling (it's a death animation). :mad:

50. _Silent_

_Silent_

Hi !

Did you set animation type as "Humanoid" for all your *.fbx files before conversion?
    If so and the problem still there, please send me example of your animation fbx file onto devshut@mail.ru

Thanks in advance!