Search Unity

[Android] Skycrane Copter

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Karriz, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Karriz

Karriz

Hi, today I released my fourth Android game, Skycrane Copter. It's a helicopter game, where you have to fly around the levels, and carry things and people from one place to another. Fuel is limited and collisions reduce health.
    In most levels the helicopter has a magnet attached to it. When the magnet touches the objective, it'll attach to it so you can move things around.

Controls are three on-screen buttons: two for rotating the helicopter and one for throttling up the engine.

The game has just ten levels right now, and took month and a half to make. I'll see if people like the gameplay, or if they want something changed, and then I'll make more content if there's demand for it.

Check out the game at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.digitoimigames.helicopter if you're interested :)

Edit: Web Player version on Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/KarrizFIN/skycrane-copter

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    RoyalCoder likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

This looks fun and funny. Good job.
    Would like to play - any chance at a web build?

3. Karriz

Karriz

Yes, I've thought about putting up a browser version on some site.
    I'll see if I can get webgl build working. Or I'll build for web player, though Chrome doesn't support it anymore.

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Chrome is overrated. :)
    Webgl seems to be hit-miss. May want to just go web player route - unless you want to play with webgl anyway.

Thanks -

5. Karriz

Karriz

I tried webgl at first but it just ended up in a lot of problems :)
    But here's the web player version, I put it up on Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/KarrizFIN/skycrane-copter

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi @Karriz , nice & funny game ;) good job!
    P.S what 2D water system did you used ? Thx

7. Karriz

Karriz

RoyalCoder likes this.
  8. Darkays

Darkays

Nice job!

I like the art style and variety in the game. Though, while I understand that the game is supposed to have somewhat difficult controls. I felt like I was battling the controls a bit more than I wanted to. I also didn't like how sensitive but inconsistent the helicopter was. One time I lightly touched the top of a skyscraper and lost 4/5ths of my health while another time I plummeted into a building and only lost 1/4th of my health.

Other than that it was a fun game and can see this being something that you slowly get through on phones (I played it in the Web version).

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  9. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Thanks @Karriz , I will give it a try ;)
    P.S What about performance cost of this water system on mobile devices ?

10. Karriz

Karriz

On mobile devices I had performance issues with large bodies of water, but changing some values helped.
    I think I decreased the edge count and also the amount of iterations in the loop that by default runs eight times.
    So basically the water looks a bit less splashy, but good enough.

11. namunagetahun

namunagetahun

Hi @Karriz , I am new to unity and i was trying to make magnetic construction crane. How did you implement the magnet mechanics?