Search Unity

[Android] MNDFCK - It will muck your find :)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by thoorne, Jan 26, 2015.

1. thoorne

thoorne

Hi All,

After Voxel Rush success, time has come for my second game called MNDFCK, it's simple and fast-paced arcade game available for Android (iOS version very soon).

MNDFCK_unityForum_banner_withGlow.jpg

Goal is simple. Steer the cube through obstacles and don't get crushed. Exciting events, fantastic achievements and fluid gameplay will get you hooked from the very start!

Some actual game footage:

Get it now on Google Play!

We would love to hear what you think about it! Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

XCO likes this.
  2. shay4545

shay4545

Looks great! very challenging yet colorful and fun. I read your other article on how it was an hour challenge. I was thinking of doing one of those. I always end up starting a new project but either getting stuck or just not wanting to finish it. Seems like it turned out great! Best luck to you.

3. intrikit

intrikit

Looks awesome will check this out!

4. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

game is pretty basic, huge gap between the game and the 'claim' of what it can do

5. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

"Looks great! very challenging yet colorful and fun."
    And...
    "game is pretty basic, huge gap between the game and the 'claim' of what it can do"

LOL, this describes most people's opinions of a game on these forums for the last 2 years I've visited. It's as if two people from different dimensions (one in the same reality I'm in, the other from the Twilight Zone) watched two completely different videos.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I'd much rather like it if it could 'find my muck' rather than 'muck my find'.

I better stop before I mistype. :)

7. thoorne

thoorne

Thanks for all that opinions. Game has been downloaded already more than 3000 times!

I've came up with some new ideas how to expand the game but I cannot decide which feature should be implemented first:
    -*characters* (tetrahedron, icosahedron, etc)
    -more game modes (like Solitude - events only or Berzerk - normal mode but much harder)
    -Google Play Events/Quests
    -more content (more events, more background patterns)

What do you think?

8. shay4545

shay4545

I think seeing more game modes would be cool, maybe have levels like the game duet which get increasingly harder. I love the music, so maybe some more tracks like that in the background. I don't think characters would be too interesting unless each one had a specific positive or negative effect. Say one character moves faster but is bigger, and another moves slower but is smaller. Maybe one character has a score multiplier or is slower so you have more time to react. You could add upgrades for each character, or make upgrades that apply to all characters. You could add leader boards so people can see where they stand, or anything really. The thing I would definitely implement is the levels so people can get the sense of accomplishment when they finally beat it, and they get to do it over and over again for each level. To add on to that you could have a survival style similar to what is already there in which the player must stay alive for a certain amount of time to pass the level. I think the game has much potential and these things will help make it even better!

9. thoorne

thoorne

Hi all,

Huge update has been released. Actual name 'MNDFCK' appeared to be unacceptable for AppStore, so we decided to rebrand the game a bit and change name to 'MNDZZ' which I think is incomparably worse.

We also added some new features, two most important are:
    -Google Play Services Quests and Events, we hope they'll increase engagement just a bit
    -Community Challenges - we (dev team) set goal, if sum of all players score/events survived/deaths/etc count meets goal till deadline, everyone receives reward. Very valuable experience, I had to learn and write small REST based server in Python + Django

iOS version is coming very soon.

Let me know what do you think about new update. If you haven't downloaded it yet, give it a go.

@shay4545 - thanks! Levels is definitely great idea

10. CroHack97

CroHack97

Hey man realy awesome game, for me 10/10 i cant even think how you made half of these things in unity, perfect 2D concept, I downloaded and tried game myself and i check game everyday;)
    I am developer aswell and I made few games for play store (zombie apocalypse 8bit) and I would need few things from you:)
    And I have noticed some stuff you might fix in your game, I will contact you private and send you screenshot so you could see.
    And almost 50k downloads, how man?

11. thoorne

thoorne

Thanks!

Cool, can't wait.

Actually I don't consider this launch as successful. I didn't made much advertising except XDA forum and this thread.

12. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

My only thought was "this is cool and it's a shame the author isn't on iOS making more cash :p" It's a cheeky little action (reaction) game.

13. thoorne

thoorne

@hippocoder - iOS version is ready but my publisher is too lazy to give me ad networks credentials...
    I think game should be on App Store in 3 weeks or less (including approval process)

14. th0msp03l

th0msp03l

Fun game to do! I almost reached 400, but my thumb was starting to hurt and couldn't keep up anymore... :p

15. XCO

XCO

Looks fun :D

16. shay4545

shay4545

Love the music! Where did you get it from? :)