Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Android] Just Jump

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by rptts, Jul 22, 2016.

1. rptts

rptts

Hello guys :)

So I've developed my first game, and I've decided to share it with the world, like many of you do it in here.

For now its only for Android, and without further due, here's the download link for those who would like to try it (It's free to play so there's no reason not to try it out, right?):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rptts.jj

For those who want little bit of details before trying it:

Just Jump is a 3D game where you have to push a character and make the maximum damage to it while it falls.
    You choose the the member where you want to push, the direction and the force of the push.
    Simple enough.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Now for a more technical question:
    In the second level I have a shark in a pool (yes, you read it right).
    I would like to improve the AI of the shark. Right now, when the character enters a certain range of the shark, it activates the "pursue mode". In this mode, the shark has "sensors" that use raycasting to detect the borders of the pool and avoid the collision. There are "sensors" in the front and sides of the shark, but even so, sometimes the shark breaks or goes beyond the borders.
    What I would like to hear is ideas how to improve this "pursue mode" of the shark and improve in general the movement of the shark.

cheers, and keep creating good games ;)

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Had a little difficulty finding your game with search - there are 14 other games labeled just jump!
    Kinda odd the store would allow multiple aps with the same name to be uploaded??

Anyway - the game - really needs a purpose and better instruction "if" there is a purpose for progression.
    I like the feedback on damage to specific body parts - however you stated there are levels - but no hint at how to progress.
    Its more like a damage simulator than a game. Might consider thinking about giving the player better feedback on how to progress in the game.

Lastly - I didnt appreciate the bad language in the game. It wasnt over the top so I applaud you for restraint but it repeated so much while playing - it was off putting.

3. rptts

rptts

Thanks for the feedback, it's always appreciated :)

Right now there isn't any progress in the game, I mentioned "levels" but what I really meant was more like "scenarios", so yeah, it's more like a damage simulator.
    The idea was to have it released (so that I could understand the process of deploying the apk in the market), and then have updates that added more content to the game.
    You are not the first that mentions that there's no purpose to the game, and I also feel the same. I'm thinking of adding new scenarios and to unlock them you have to do a certain goal in the previous scenarios (creating the concept of levels).

I didn't feel that "dammit" would offend anyone, but I'll have that in consideration for the next update ;)

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yeah - its not terrible - but repeats enough to seem - too much.
    The interesting aspect is the damage per joint limb. Did you accomplish that with localized coliders that measured the velocity colision?
    Might be that interesting creation could be the central mechanic for 'purpose'.

5. rptts

rptts

Yes, each member has a collider. Every time a collision is detected on a member it adds to the score. Each member also gives different score, for example, hitting with the head gives more score than hitting with a hand.

theANMATOR2b likes this.