Search Unity

[Android/iOS] Tap 4 Time - First Release, and I'm proud of it!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cuttlefish-creations, Aug 26, 2015.

1. cuttlefish-creations

cuttlefish-creations

NEWS: finally the iOS version has been accepted. Please check it out and give feedback on bugs since I've had some random bugs with iOS that happen on some devices and never in the editor. Itunes Link (available for iOS 6.0 and up)

Hi,

Today I would like to present a game I've been working on solo for the past 5 months. It's called Tap 4 Time and it's made with as much passion as one could muster. IRL I'm a med student, but in April I had the sudden idea of making an app for mobile. The thing was: I knew nothing about C#, but a fundamental understand of how scripting works. I was not new to unity but never actually made anything slightly resembling a game.
    But then, back in April, I suddenly had an Idea that could possibly become reality if I just could manage to make time for it. So that's how I started working every evening and some late nights.

First I started with playmaker, and after a month or to when that didn't suffice my needs I started slow but steadiy, thanks to this community make my own actions for playmaker that fit my style. Near the end when trying to implement the Android/iOS features I was happy there were so many prebuild assets, because without them I think I would have never managed it. But here we are an I'm ready to showcase my project! I hope you can take your time to download it and give me some feedback on what you like or don't like.

Tap 4 Time

Perfect entertainment for any waiting position. Sitting on a toilet, waiting for an appointment, endless car trips. Just take 5 minutes and play some Tap 4 Time!

The game is actually a summary of every possible game on mobile phones. You just Tap Tap Tap until your time is up and you stop taping. Easy squeesy?? Sounds dull to me, but of coarse that's not all. In tap Your time you have 3 rotating arms with a pointer on top. These arms rotate over the play field which can be divided into 4, 8 or 12 slices. It's your task to click the right slice when the arm with the same color passes over it. When progressing through the levels, more obstacles and cool powerups with funny and sometimes hypnotizing effects will come your way. Sounds easy, but give it a try how hard it is to coordinate your eyes your mind and your finger with 3 simultaneous spinning arms at first. Well, you only know it, if you try it! Please go ahead and give it a try. If you like it, then a nice rating is always appreciated.

ScreenShots

Snapshot - 9_edit.png Snapshot - 11_edit.png Snapshot - 7_edit.png Snapshot - 15_edit.png Snapshot - 10_edit.png

Features
    • unlimited randomly generated gameplay (*kinda)
    • Surprising effects
    • Dozens of collectables
    • Perfect pastime
    • Full integration in GameCentre/GameCircle/GooglePlay (Achievements, Leaderboards, CloudSave)
    • Perfect mind2hand-control therapy
    • No unwanted ads, only when you decide so
    • Fun to play and compare with your friends
    Links:
    Google play:
    Tap4Time - FREE - Download now for android
    Amazon:
    Tap4Time - FREE - Download now for android (Amazon)

Apple Store:
    Itunes Link (available for iOS 6.0 and up)

Regards,
    Mr. Cuttlefish

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  2. cuttlefish-creations

cuttlefish-creations

REQUEST: Are there any Amazon users who could test some functions for me (we don't have such a device)

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

What was the limitation you ran into with PlayMaker that drove your decision to not use it?

4. cuttlefish-creations

cuttlefish-creations

Oh no, that's not what I meant, the standard scripts didn't suffice so I started coding my own 'actions' FOR playmaker :)
    Without playmaker this wouldn't have turned out any good :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Cool - thanks for the reply. By the way - love the cuttlefish logo. Nice.
    Will look forward to the game when its out on iOS.

cuttlefish-creations likes this.
  6. boothj1985

boothj1985

I enjoyed it somewhat but I really wanted an option to make it easier or at least the first level to start slower. That may just be my limitation but I'm sure I'm not the slowest of all, lol.

7. cuttlefish-creations

cuttlefish-creations

Yes I have been hearing that and will make so that first 10 or so times you play it starts on a slower pace. But thank you for your feedback!

Anxiously waiting for that too. Hate to wait for reviews, but I guess it has it's benefits to! :)

8. boothj1985

boothj1985

You're welcome. By the way, this particular thread caught my attention because I just released my very bare-bones game, "CrazyTap" on 2 free indie game sites and was a little concerned though not too much since it's so simple and I'm not asking for any money from it. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out: http://boothj1985.itch.io/

9. cuttlefish-creations

cuttlefish-creations

Congratiulations, if I understand right then that does have some intrinsic similarities to Tap4Time indeed. :p I do see that it wasn't done to release for personal gain as it is very simple in it's layout. I wish I had the time and the money (which I would have if I took the Time :p ) to just make some simple prototypes of what comes to mind. But like I said, I'm studying for medicine and that takes some time... a whole lot of it. :(

10. boothj1985

boothj1985

Congrats on working towards a great field. I attempted a CNA class but my instructor insisted I shave with a razor if resident's family requested even though when she demonstrated she caused a little bleed by accident. I feel that's too unsafe and dropped out. Many other non-materialized aspirations and 4 useless welding certificates, hopefully things go better for you :(.

11. cuttlefish-creations

cuttlefish-creations

Things always turn out this way or another! :) and nothing is useless! You should make a welding game :)) .. Welding simulator! Genius!! :p

12. boothj1985

boothj1985

I'll have to wait till I get my super machine to consider it, simulating melting metal is no small task.

13. cuttlefish-creations

cuttlefish-creations

NEWS: finally the iOS version has been released. Almost a month later then expected. Please check it out:
    Itunes Link (available for iOS 6.0 and up)

Please check it out and give feedback on bugs since I've had some random bugs with iOS that happen on some devices and never in the editor.

14. hellobard

hellobard

Congrats on the release! Downloading on Android now, looking forward to play and rate!