Search Unity

[Android][Free] Archery Range 3D

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Devil_Inside, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Feature.jpg

We've released our first mobile game! Any feedback is welcome!

The game is a first person archery target shooter with a variety of targets, from simple static pumpkins and target dummies, to complex moving mechanisms that will require good timing and precision.

Main features:
    - Realistic physics: the arrows travel fast and have a realistic curve. They behave as you'd expect
    - Simple, precise and intuitive controls
    - A good "flow": the game never takes control away from you during a round. There are no action replays, arrow-cameras, close-up shots, as in most other games. You can shoot as fast as you can draw the bow.
    - Variety of levels with various targets and mechanisms requiring a different approach and different type of skill to complete.
    NEW: VR control mode. Gyroscope support allows you to use your phone/tablet as a window into Virtual Reality. FPS aiming has never felt so natural and precise.

We're planning on adding more levels in the upcoming weeks.
    The game is available for free on Google Play and will soon be available on iOS AppStore.

Game: GooglePlay
    Video: Youtube

Scr0.jpg
    Scr1.jpg
    Scr2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Gizrik likes this.
  2. casperjeff

casperjeff

Coming along nicely - looking forward to moving targets.
    Are you going to introduce wind?

3. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Thanks!
    We're planning on adding more levels, so we might add wind at some point.

4. zDemonhunter99

zDemonhunter99

That's pretty darn good. Have you tried reaching out to several gaming websites? Don't forget the marketing! :)

5. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Thanks!
    Yeah, we've sent it to like 30 different gaming and review websites, posted on reddit and a few forums.
    The start is pretty slow, so I really hope it will have at least some effect on the installs.

6. zDemonhunter99

zDemonhunter99

7. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Yes, I've seen it. A really nice video! We've tried to follow it as closely as we could.
    Thanks!!!

8. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Hey guys!
    In the recent update we've added gyroscope support. Now you can move your phone to look around and aim. The new controls feel very natural and intuitive, adding a whole new dimension to the game!
    Besides gyroscope, since the initial launch we've added 20 more levels, a new game mode with 2 challenges and slightly improved the visual quality.
    Check out the game here: Archery Range 3D
    Thanks!

9. eridani

eridani

Omg that is an insanely satisfying game. I've played a bunch of mobile archery games but this one makes me feel like Robin Hood. Especially when I hit those moving targets. And diggin the medieval music too!

Did you use any assets you can recommend for the archery mechanics? Or did you build it in-house? If you built it, you NEED to put it up on the asset store. You don't how long tons of people have been crying for first-person archery in the UFPS and RealisticFPS forums.

10. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the game!
    We made everything in-house. I didn't have time to check out UFPS or RealisticFPS, but our implementation and assets for the bow are a bit specific for our case. I don't know how well they could be integrated into those frameworks.
    Though, if you say the demand is high, I'll probably take a look at it in my spare time.
    Thanks!

eridani likes this.
  11. KSetay00

KSetay00

When is it going to be on iOS? It looks incredibly fun. If I know when, I'll download it day one.

12. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

We're engaged in another project right now, but we definitely want to bring this game to iOS. I'll make sure to update this thread once it's available
    Thanks a lot for your interest!

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

This will be a amazing mobile game. I will give it a 9/10 because only the lighting needs work.

14. xlitz

xlitz

I'm a first time user of unity and got to say this game was extraordinary

15. ROYALTYSTUDIO

ROYALTYSTUDIO

I'm new, just wondering the forums & absorbing content.

I thought this was pretty neat to stumble across. I haven't played it yet. (btw google link broken)
    But from the screenshots & gameplay video I would say this game is well made. Is there moving targets? I did see 1 in the video clip but was wondering if there was lots of variation.
    Thanks for sharing!