Search Unity

[ANDROID] CataPoultry is live

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by czampese, Dec 23, 2015.

1. czampese

czampese

EDITED 08/05/2016

I have quietly launched CataPoultry on Google Play. 33 levels so far with lots more planned, but my excitement got the better of me and I pushed it LIVE anyway!

Would love any feedback/ratings etc

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BONC2_GAMES.Cata_Poultry

EgglingCrew.jpg
    And you can check out the new trailer here:

Thanks

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I have a pre-release test version of my first Android game (actually, my first game at all) CataPoultry available on the play store via this link:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.BONC2_GAMES.Cata_Poultry

Would love people to try it out and let me know what you think. Full version release in late January 2016

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Hogfather

Hogfather

Love the aesthetics, and the music in the trailer is perfect for the game.

Will let you know more once I get some free time to test it :)

3. Mich_9

Mich_9

To short for me, but in general I think is very eggtertaining. ¿Is possible to unlock all the eggs in the demo?

Attached Files:

4. czampese

czampese

Thanks for the eggscellent feedback Mich_9 - first full release will have 50 levels, with more to follow soon after.

I did think about making all eggs available in the pre-release, but planning full release in late January so dont think i will bother.

5. czampese

czampese

Thanks for the comments, and for downloading the test. Hope you enjoy it!

6. Hogfather

Hogfather

Finally found some free time and got to play it.

As I said before, I love the look and the soundtrack, and having played it it feels like the animal noises are also spot on.

Things came to mind:

Don't know if its a bug or my phone glitching, but sometimes the egg just flies away on its own while I am targeting before I get the chance to release it - could have something to do with how low I drag my finger, maybe going out of a designated area or hovering over the remaining egg spots.

Two - Maybe it would be more handy to show the special abilities of each egg in a small box when they appear, instead of having to check the question mark on each one - but then again that is a personal preference.

I personally found the controls to be a bit more sensitive than I'd prefer, but that could just be me.

Finally - when a target is far away, the egg can obstruct the view towards it, making aiming a bit hit and miss.

All in all and besides my nitpicking, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience :D

7. czampese

czampese

Thanks for testing the game. Im glad that the experience was overall enjoyable :) I have had similar feedback about the sensitivity and the egg obstructing the view from a few others, so I will be looking at those before full release. I have had one other person mention the egg flying away unexpectedly, I think it might be device specific. Might be a tougher one to figure out!

Good point about the descriptions appearing - might make it more obvious if they just appear instead of having the question mark to press.

Thanks again for testing...its great to get a different view on the game, and all feedback is much appreciated!

Hogfather likes this.
  8. czampese

czampese

9. czampese

czampese

10. czampese

czampese

Managed to implement 'trajectory prediction' for the first few levels of my game - far more excited about this than I should be, but it was a bit mind melting to get it working!

11. czampese

czampese

12. czampese

czampese

13. czampese

czampese

Just thought people might be interested to see the very very early implementation of CataPoultry.

This was the first 'Eureka moment' that I had, where I realised I that I might actually be able to make the game! The demo contains the very basic elements of the game....you can pull back on the bullet, do very basic aiming, knock things down (and the things explode in truly unspectacular fashion)...but it is terrible! However, I remember being so excited when I got to this point, because I knew that I was going to be able to make the game work! Try it out here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61979030/test/Web.html