Search Unity

Amount of downloads in your games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi guys, so i just published my first mobile game one month ago (link in signature) and im curious to find out the amount of downloads you guys get on your mobile games currently. I just hit over a 100 downloads recently, which was way more than i expected since my game is currently only on android. So how many downloads do you guys have on your latest mobile games?

2. tedthebug

tedthebug

I haven't done mobile releases but I put 5 prototypes up on game jolt to try & get feedback from the Friday feedback thread here & some of them are still being played. One has 92 plays, one 55, one about 32, & the other 2 <10. Since I was expecting <10 total I'm pretty happy & it's even convinced a programmer & artist I know to try & help me clean them up to try on mobile.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thats cool, be sure to let me know when the mobile version of one of your game is out. Hoping to try it out. :);)

4. tedthebug

tedthebug

Won't be until 1st - 2nd quarter next year. We are all heading to visit family for school so will work on them in the new year

Deleted User likes this.
  5. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

In my experience, the amount of downloads that your receiving seems about normal for no advertising. You can increase the number of downloads by advertising but it is probably only worth it if you seem to be getting good repeat plays and retention which you should be able to tell via analytics. If you don't get good retention then you probably need to improve your game, before attempting to get more users.

Deleted User likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Can I ask what do you mean by advertising? Do you mean it as in ads like Facebook Ads/AdMob Ads or just posting on websites, getting reviews etc.

7. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

I should have said marketing rather than just advertising, but yes all of the above, with in my experience, taking out ads helping the least, and getting an article written on it, or running a contest helping the most (assuming you have a social media following).

Obviously, every case is different but marketing is a huge piece of today's games since the markets are saturated.

It is best to do this only when you've verified via analytics that the majority of your users keep coming back and playing your game though, if you're getting downloads and not many repeat play then you obviously have some tweaking to do and it wouldn't be worth marketing yet.

Deleted User likes this.
  8. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah thats seems about right. Unless your game is bringing in traffic from somewhere (external site) or is featured on the frontpage it wont get many views at all. The community could actually help quite alot with a bit of cronyism by rating up games and getting on the front page

I had more luck on newgrounds where I was getting hundreds of views per game but then they disabled the unity webplayer so you had to use webgl.

Deleted User likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Cool info here. Thanks guys. Will keep them in mind next time.:):)