Search Unity

Ameba motion

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Maltanian_Crystal, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Maltanian_Crystal

Maltanian_Crystal

Hello there. I'm looking for ways to make my ameba cell realistic. So I won't make animation, cause it's simple and too common. When player will hold move button, ameba will make pseudopods, and I was thinking about how to realise this. I think making random number, that define, which mesh will be moved. Your ideas?

Attached Files:

2. _met44

_met44

Hey :)

If you want a specific effect and have modeling capacity you could go for blend shapes, otherwise proceduraly generate the pods with some simplex perlin and hope you quickly get a good effect. If you have advanced shader programming skill you couldl look into dx11 also but I can't help you there, just seen awsome stuff done with it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  3. Maltanian_Crystal

Maltanian_Crystal

So how I could transform position of mesh by code?

4. Maltanian_Crystal

Maltanian_Crystal

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Like this?

Maltanian_Crystal likes this.
  6. Maltanian_Crystal

Maltanian_Crystal

Yep, but not so. I need to make my dead model alive, make this like amoeba in nature.

Attached Files:

• mesh.jpg
      mesh.jpg
      File size:
      18.7 KB
      Views:
  7. _met44

_met44

You could use the principle presented in the video if you don't care for 3D, will take some tuning to reach the visual effect but with some post processing you'll get there.

Otherwise you're probably looking at marching cube algorithm for the body, and a reading of unity's documentation about its procedural mesh api: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/GeneratingMeshGeometryProcedurally.html and there are many resources online...

Thanks @BoredMormon for the video, was interesting :)

8. kavanavak

kavanavak

@Maltanian_Crystal Did you find a solid method? I'm currently looking into a very similar motion myself.