Search Unity

Allow .mdb symbol file loading in standalone builds?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Ziks, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Ziks

Ziks

I'm working on a project involving compiling C# scripts at runtime, and I'd like it to be possible to view file names and line numbers in stack traces from exceptions thrown within those scripts. This already works when testing in-editor, and in standalone builds when the "Development Build" checkbox is checked, but not otherwise.

I guess .mdb files are only implicitly loaded when in-editor or when running a development build, but is it possible to load them in non-development standalone builds? If not, is it possible to disable the in-game console and "Development Build" watermark while still exporting a development build?

2. yoyo

yoyo

I'm curious about this too. All the managed DLL's get copied into the <BuildName>_Data\Managed folder. In a development build, there are also mdb files in this folder. It may be sufficient to manually copy mdb files into that Managed folder after generating the build. I will investigate.

3. yoyo

yoyo

Hmm, unfortunately it seems that mdb files -- even if present in the Data\Managed folder -- are not loaded unless the build is a Development Build. If anyone finds more info please advise.